Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several people have experienced a base gasket area coolant leak at the water jacket including me....
At first I improperly thought it was the head gasket and commented on the blown head gasket thread. Well it's been about a month and the dealer finally received the parts and started working on the bike...it should be done tomorrow, I'm more excited to ride than before I picked it up lol..
What they discovered, or didn't discover was the o ring....it was completely absent, their theory is that it was just a fluke at the factory ....so there you have it in my case at least...I was pretty concerned that it was a fundamental flaw in the bikes design (this is the first new machine I've bought) I was at 2650 miles on the clock
So just a heads up, when checking your oil look for coolant residue!
And enjoy the **** out of this lil bugger!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wow that's a pretty serious oversight from factory, but glad to hear you'll be getting the bike back soon. Pretty unfair coincidence for it to happen on your first new bike.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yup, your bike was made on a Friday..

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah i thought my head gasket blew too still waiting 2-1/2 months later could you post pics i want to see if your bike is leaking from the same place mine was. they said i needed an o ring and a gasket thank god kawi paid for it ;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
That’s crazy. I thought Kawasaki took pride with their work but missing a part completely is unacceptable.
Lol Kawasaki doesn't make all there bikes.... The world is a global market now - With almost everything made in china or India, My 400 is made in Taiwan, so your bike was built with the morals of the people that built it, if it was made in japan it would probably have been built with more care and effort, and a hint of love.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Yeah i thought my head gasket blew too still waiting 2-1/2 months later could you post pics i want to see if your bike is leaking from the same place mine was. they said i needed an o ring and a gasket thank god kawi paid for it ;)
Cause: Too many wheelies! Ha ha :wink:

Lol Kawasaki doesn't make all there bikes.... The world is a global market now - With almost everything made in china or India, My 400 is made in Taiwan, so your bike was built with the morals of the people that built it, if it was made in japan it would probably have been built with more care and effort, and a hint of love.
Really? Your having a laugh right. Otherwise yours is the only one not made in Thailand. :confused:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is what she looked like, I don't know how long it had leaked for …..im guessing all 2600 miles...but it was super slow...coolant still looked perfect

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is what she looked like, I don't know how long it had leaked for …..im guessing all 2600 miles...but it was super slow...coolant still looked perfect
yeah thats the exact spot mine was leaking ... ill post a pic of my neglect :crying: forgot idk how to post pics from my phone without using a link so its gonna be a link

·
Registered
147 Posts
oh man, that's gnarly, how is you coolant level looking? and how many miles ?
my coolant level was actually right in the middle between the low and full lines in the res... i had almost 7 k miles when i took that picture the next day i took it to my dealer that was almost 2 months ago still waiting on my bike :crying:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mine took about a month ….after hearing about the guy on the head gasket thread and you …..im just going to go ahead and shout out to Westside Motorsports in Spokane Wa

1 - 20 of 28 Posts