Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any real opinions between the two? Or is it just going to come down to personal preference?

·
Registered
661 Posts
I went with the Barnett springs last year. I think they may have been cheaper. Very easy install, didn’t have to drain the oil.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I went with Barnett, on both my 650 and the 400. I put 28,000 miles on the 650 and it always performed well, regarding the clutch.
more than likely, the supplier of the springs are the same between the two companies

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also wondering about this. I know AchMoto (I forgot whats his name on this forum) has had the Spears on for quite a while and has used them on track with no issues.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Spears wouldn't be making the springs in house. Barnett has been in the clutch business since 1948 per their website. As yarddog said, chances are they are the same spring. Either way, I wouldn't be worried about the quality from either source.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spears wouldn't be making the springs in house. Barnett has been in the clutch business since 1948 per their website. As yarddog said, chances are they are the same spring. Either way, I wouldn't be worried about the quality from either source.

That's what I was figuring. I didn't think it would be a huge difference and most likely just land on brand preference if someone had any. Guess whichever comes out cheaper after shipping I'll be grabbing those.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ended up getting the Barnett springs. As a note if anyone else is looking to order. Check on Summit Racing's site. Barnett Clutches & Cables 501-38-06118
They get them direct from Barnett it looks like and it was the cheapest route for me. I live 10 minutes from the Tallmadge Ohio corp office/store. So I did store pickup and shipping was free. They will be ready on the 5th and I work pretty much across the street from it. Even with shipping it was going to be cheaper then ordering direct from Barnett or Spears.

·
Registered
143 Posts
They're the same springs. Spears just has a habit of putting his name on other people's stuff and re-packaging it.

Interesting to hear you say that. I wonder if that is true about Spears racing. Maybe @jetpilot01 can confirm this since he is a spears racing dealer. I have noticed you’ve started making quite a few parts that look Identical to some of the parts Spears has carried for awhile. Not sure if they are more refined or better than the Spears parts but I am curious? I will say Spears has great customer service and you both seem to have loyal and happy customers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts