Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello @NinjaBird . My clutch started slipping and I am going to install the updates bull rod and bearing. My question is whether the Barnett clutch springs will reduce the effectiveness of the slipper clutch? Do you notice any rear wheel jerkiness that you didn't with the OEM? I want a slightly stronger spring but not at the cost of slippage (in the sense of the slipper doing its job).
Agree with the other comments of positivity, @sbk1198, @MoarteaCuCoasa. The springs are stiffer, but they should have been the Barnetts strait from the factory. Kawasaki made a 'beginner' choice in the clutch. This is their method of giving you and being able to market a 'slipper' clutch. Weak springs. It is forgiving, but honestly just a crap choice for whatever reasons they though were valid.

Do it. It literally makes the moto. The clutch is the weakest part of the great N400 experience.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Agree with the other comments of positivity, @sbk1198, @MoarteaCuCoasa. The springs are stiffer, but they should have been the Barnetts strait from the factory. Kawasaki made a 'beginner' choice in the clutch. This is their method of giving you and being able to market a 'slipper' clutch. Weak springs. It is forgiving, but honestly just a crap choice for whatever reasons they though were valid.

Do it. It literally makes the moto. The clutch is the weakest part of the great N400 experience.
Sorry for the late response! I will go ahead and do it. I installed the upgraded parts yesterday and although my clutch slipping got better it still slips on the top of 5th. Im thinking that because I left this problem unchecked for so long my clutch plates are worn. When I change the plates I am going to throw in the springs as well.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts