Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to transition my first bike to my main form of transportation and it would be nice to have some extra storage for trips to the store and such. Anybody already have additional storage attached to their bikes, or can give recommendations?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought this guy and it works great. Has worked to hold various doodads (sunglasses, wet wipes for bug splats, etc) and can fit a six pack or a gallon of milk in addition. Haven't tried to pack for a longer trip yet. Looks match up well and it's pretty low profile not expanded. I just leave it on all the time.

I'd be curious to see what people are using for tank bags.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use a Tanklock bag from GIVI, really intresting : no contact with the paint, easy to add/remove, love it.

Mine is XS306 model, i can put an helmet inside, ( small model are available like xs307 )

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought this guy and it works great. Has worked to hold various doodads (sunglasses, wet wipes for bug splats, etc) and can fit a six pack or a gallon of milk in addition. Haven't tried to pack for a longer trip yet. Looks match up well and it's pretty low profile not expanded. I just leave it on all the time.

I'd be curious to see what people are using for tank bags.
I really like this one, and for $100 CDN shipped, can't really go wrong.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I picked up a small tank bag (larger ones, but similar, are available from Chase Harper) and tail bag. Total cost for both was about $175.

I got some soft luggage, and I test-mounted it on the bike:

Chase Harper 450 Magnetic Tank Bag:

Chase Harper 5501 Tail Bag:

Seems to fit pretty well, and not overwhelmingly large on the bike:

I haven't taken a trip that would require storage, in quite some time....maybe even 10 years. But I'd like to get away for 2-3 of days soon, and this should offer plenty for that. :)

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
I use a Tanklock bag from GIVI, really intresting : no contact with the paint, easy to add/remove, love it.

Mine is XS306 model, i can put an helmet inside, ( small model are available like xs307 )
I've seen these, just curious about line of sight for viewing the instruments?

I wish we have something like this for the ninja,

I saw it in the dealer and it looked sweet, it can either collapse into a low-key seat cowl or expand and become a bag!
Awesome, never seen these before. Great idea and design.

·
Registered
119 Posts
In low position i have no problem with instrument viewing.
In tall, with an helmet inside for example, it’s necessary to move my head to the front to see clearly the dashboard

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've seen these, just curious about line of sight for viewing the instruments?

Awesome, never seen these before. Great idea and design.
I agree that thing looks ridiculously large for a tank bag. To each their own but I'd rather strap a full size suitcase on the tail than have a large bag like that in front of me while riding.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I agree that thing looks ridiculously large for a tank bag. To each their own but I'd rather strap a full size suitcase on the tail than have a large bag like that in front of me while riding.
If i wanted that much **** infront of me id get a fully dressed cruiser hahaha

·
Registered
237 Posts

I take it the Tanklock fitting kit is the same kit as the 300? (BF-14)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I agree it's really large but having the additional storage + a tail bag for long distance touring may provide more pros than cons. Plus the size of the tank bag may indirectly help with higher speed wind issues.

·
Registered
46 Posts
On Revzilla it says that the "Givi Tanklock Bike Specific Flange" does not fit the Ninja 400 ABS.

How did you mount?

EDIT: just saw that the Versys 300X mount (BF29) will fit the Ninja 400.

The question now is - is there any bag that does NOT allow quick release and stays in place as a lock key?

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bags

Hey everyone! Im looking at doing some weekend getaways and would like to carry a bit more that my trusty Jansport backpack can hold. Im wondering what everyone uses for tank or tail bags...Any positive or negative reviews, or if im just not seeing an existing thead, any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts