Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Love the white. I also re-entered the 2 wheel world about 18 months ago after a 35 year hiatus. I got on my brand new 400 at the dealership and asked the sales guy, "where's the fuel petcock and the choke?" He gave me a really weird look that at the time I didn't understand. The modern bikes are lightyears ahead of my '79 Kawi KZ 650, my last bike
🐉

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently moved and was trying to buy a car. Due to COVID-19, there wasn't much inventory and it was too difficult to make an appointment at a dealership, order a LYFT and go look at a car. Uber/Lyft were costing way too much to go to work daily. After seeing the Ninja 400 in white (and the price) I could not resist. The last bike I rode was a buddy's bike in the 80's, a black ninja 500. The new Ninja 400 has much more torque and acceleration.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I recently moved and was trying to buy a car. Due to COVID-19, there wasn't much inventory and it was too difficult to make an appointment at a dealership, order a LYFT and go look at a car. Uber/Lyft were costing way too much to go to work daily. After seeing the Ninja 400 in white (and the price) I could not resist. The last bike I rode was a buddy's bike in the 80's, a black ninja 500. The new Ninja 400 has much more torque and acceleration.
Bro, after getting my N400, I barely drive my cage OR my other Kawi anymore ;) love the white!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bro, after getting my N400, I barely drive my cage OR my other Kawi anymore ;) love the white!
Thank you. White was my favorite as well. I liked the black version, but it had teal accents.

This is my daily (only) driver. I have 1200 miles already. Although I only drive 8 miles from work to home, for some reason it registers almost 30 miles to get home...lol

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 400 ABS, Pearl Storm Gray
421 Posts
Welcome -- similar story for me at almost 30 years!!!

Technology has come a long way (mountain bicycles as well as motorcycles :))!

My first bike was a (used) 1975 KZ-400D, so a direct descendant of the N400!

Ride safe!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome -- similar story for me at almost 30 years!!!

Technology has come a long way (mountain bicycles as well as motorcycles :))!

My first bike was a (used) 1975 KZ-400D, so a direct descendant of the N400!

Ride safe!
My first bike ride was in 1976 with an older Honda street bike. I was only 8 then. My brother explained the gears and I immediately popped it into first gear and the bike just took off. I froze and kept accelerating right into a small, but flexible tree. My first concussion...

Within a few weeks, I was hooked and riding a little Honda CT70 trail bike..

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Just found a picture of a CT70 same color. Brings back quite a few memories. Funny thing is this one is for sale on ebay for $200 less than I paid for the Ninja 400...
yeah it amazing that the Japanese bikes we use to "throw away" or "give away" are now all the sudden high dollar collectors items..........I remember abandoning several motorcycles(especially the CB 750's) 25+ years ago at friends houses because we either did not want them anymore, or someone thought they were going to give riding motorcycles a shot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The technology and equipment has really changed in the last thirty years. Picked up the 2020 Kawasaki Ninja 400 (Non-ABS) last month and absolutely enjoy every minute of riding. The protective gear has really improved as well. View attachment 15628 View attachment 15629
I got a 2021 & it's teal. I get a lot of compliments on it but it's not my favorite. I do think that white looks great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts