Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
I think it varies depending on the model and how much demand accessory manufacturers think there will be. I'm going to want a tail tidy pronto!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saaame, and I think the demand will be pretty high in like 6 months so hopefully by the time I get my bike (planning on nov at latest) I’ll be able to get a new exhaust soon after

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Especially since there not gonna be manufacturing the 300’s anymore, and anyone looking for a new starter there’s no reason to take the 3 over the 4

·
Registered
45 Posts
The bike being Ninja, I think we'll see accessories starting to show up within a month. Also, I think you can use many universal parts to modify the bike.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's likely that aesthetic mods will come before performance ones, as they are more likely to fit across different models/trims of bikes. What are you guys thinking of changing already?

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
It's likely that aesthetic mods will come before performance ones, as they are more likely to fit across different models/trims of bikes. What are you guys thinking of changing already?
Tail tidy/fender eliminator for looks.
Muffler for less weight, better sound and looks (to lesser extent on this bike, they did a good job)
Maybe lower bars if I find riding position not sporty enough.
Rear sets if I do the above option ^^
Adjustable levers as I have small hands. (other body parts regular size! :D)

That's it for now... Battery swap will be first thing I do.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
I heard that Lithium Iron batteries are just about the best type of battery that anyone can get these days and for motorcycles its the easiest to justify. Too bad that when used in cars it would cost too much.
Personally I'm a fan, esp in a small light bike application where you dont have so many HP's to propel you. The lighter the bike the better. The Lithium Ion I had in my CBR weighed a quarter pound. Also, the battery is always in a relatively high position on the bike. The more you can lower your centre of gravity the better for sweet handling.
People balk at the cost tho...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well seeing as how the new 400 is already 20 pounds lighter than the 300, I wonder just how much lighter it can be made. What's the difference in weight between the stock battery and a lithium ion alternative?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well seeing as how the new 400 is already 20 pounds lighter than the 300, I wonder just how much lighter it can be made. What's the difference in weight between the stock battery and a lithium ion alternative?
I can’t remember exactly. Seems like it was around 5lbs lighter. Aftermarket exhaust will probably shave another 10-15lbs.

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's misleading. Some of that weight savings is from a smaller gas tank, and the resulting reduction in fuel weight. I think it was actually like 10 pounds saved or something. Anyway, a lithium battery will save you another 5-6 pounds, iirc.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
It's misleading. Some of that weight savings is from a smaller gas tank, and the resulting reduction in fuel weight. I think it was actually like 10 pounds saved or something. Anyway, a lithium battery will save you another 5-6 pounds, iirc.
Yeah that's correct, the 300 had a 17 litre tank and 400 has a 14. I crunched the dry weight numbers when the specs were announced and pretty sure the true difference between the two bikes was 6Kg (13lbs).
On my CBR the weight advantage of Lithium Batt vs Lead acid was 2kg (4.4lb).
Exhaust mod is best way to ditch a heap of weight in one hit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Of course the rumored weight savings are only half of what's advertised, as its merely a change in fuel tank size. Good to see there are a couple other options in an effort to make weight though. Do you guys think the 3 litre change in tank size will affect its fuel economy in any major way?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts