Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Hey,

Very new to the world of motorbikes but can honestly say that I can't understand why it took me so long to dive in. First bike is a ninja 400 and absolutely love it.

I'm currently a learner so my bike has restrictions on it so haven't felt the full punch of the 400.....yet. Won't be on L's for to long thankfully. Open to any suggestions for upgrades and mods (appropriate to my situation) for a new Ninja 400. Haven't had any issues with it yet, fingers crossed I don't.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey Hey,

Very new to the world of motorbikes but can honestly say that I can't understand why it took me so long to dive in. First bike is a ninja 400 and absolutely love it.

I'm currently a learner so my bike has restrictions on it so haven't felt the full punch of the 400.....yet. Won't be on L's for to long thankfully. Open to any suggestions for upgrades and mods (appropriate to my situation) for a new Ninja 400. Haven't had any issues with it yet, fingers crossed I don't.
Welcome from across the ditch!
Great first bike, you picked well. From a mods perspective, tail tidy and exhaust are generally the top two for most starters like ourselves. I am also a fresh fish to riding.

Enjoy it! :wub:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome from across the ditch!
Great first bike, you picked well. From a mods perspective, tail tidy and exhaust are generally the top two for most starters like ourselves. I am also a fresh fish to riding.

Enjoy it! :wub:
Thanks for the warm welcome! Yet to make the leap across the ditch aha

That's good to hear, didn't intend on getting the Ninja but when I sat on it and heard it just had to have it.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to have a look for some decent ones of both. Any recommendations for the exhaust though? I've always heard Yoshimura are really good.

Your KRT edition look really nice btw, how have you gone with learning to ride?

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Welcome Scotty, another member from the shakey isles here.
Great choice of first bike, glad you are enjoying it.

There's an outfit down in Tassie called Mustard Bikes doing cool tail tidies for the Ninja. Just make sure you choose the correct plate width if you get one.

https://www.mustardbikes.com.au/18-current-ninja-400-tail-tidy

Yeah exhaust swap is pretty common too, as CB said. Less weight, looks better and lets you actually hear what the engine is doing.

Having a browse through the forum might give you other ideas.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! Yet to make the leap across the ditch aha

That's good to hear, didn't intend on getting the Ninja but when I sat on it and heard it just had to have it.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to have a look for some decent ones of both. Any recommendations for the exhaust though? I've always heard Yoshimura are really good.

Your KRT edition look really nice btw, how have you gone with learning to ride?
I personally didn't like the sound of the Yoshi.. But each to their own.
I spent a good few hours listening to videos etc and finalised my top two. Akraprovic and Two Brothers. I've gone with the Akra, and it arrives in September.
I like the low down growl...

And thank you. I've set up a thread for her here
I'll be updating often with my rides and mods... And my stupid shenanigans.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome aboard Scotty. N400 is my first bike too. I started off with Shogun frame and spool sliders to keep my new bike safe incase I do something stupid! Next up are Techspec tank pads and a fender eliminator! Happy riding!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi Steel,

I ordered a Mussari Slip On.

Was wondering, do you have baffle on or off?

Thanks
I left the baffle in. It's loud enough as it is and very tolerable to my ears whilst riding. I did a day trip with the baffle out and it was horribly loud riding around at normal speeds and tiring on my ears at 100kph+ (this is with my Motosafe earplugs in)

Best thing to do is try it with and without to see which one you can live with more

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got it off TradeMe.

Just search Ninja 400 and it should come up. $299.90 Free Shipping.

But if you search up Screaming Demon on facebook you can find them.
HOLY that is cheap as chips... my goodness. Ordering one now.

As well as my Akra.. AHA

·
Registered
66 Posts
HOLY that is cheap as chips... my goodness. Ordering one now.

As well as my Akra.. AHA
I was going to go for the Yoshi T Alpha.

Price was putting me off.

Decided to go for a cheaper option.

I guess reason why Mussari is cheap is because they do not invest on marketing and websites.

Therefore able to sell to customer at a low price.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts

I guess reason why Mussari is cheap is because they do not invest on marketing and websites.

Also the manufacturing costs are lower as there is little materials in them, hence why they are loud. :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Also the manufacturing costs are lower as there is little materials in them, hence why they are loud. :D

Have just purchased.
Temp fix until my Akra arrives. Boom Boom. :blowup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Hey,

What colour did you get yours in?

Anyways, a more safety conscious mod or two:

Soundbomb Mini - Swap and Go part to be a little louder than the pipsqueak OEM horn.
T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders - Looks a lot cooler than others but $$$, esp shipped from US and import charges now.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Man I wish we could get the N400's in that colour. Your bike looks incredible. Uber Jealous
Thanks, I like the colour too :devil:

I wanted something that was a bit more colourful than standard black or KRT and this fit the bill perfectly. On the website, it looked very orange so I was a bit on the fence but when I finally saw it in the flesh, it was a much darker richer colour and I decided that I was getting that one.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey there, just to butt in here.

Would you consider selling the Musarri slip ons if you’ve already got the Akra? :grin:
Ahh, ya should of hit me up when I was in GC last week!
My Akra was due to arrive this week, however has now been held up.. so a few more weeks.

The Screaming Demon boys are pretty darn cheap from new to be fair - I think like $250-$280AUD?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts