Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a returning rider at a sensitive age or with more sense these days, I plan on wearing protective clothing of some type or the other on every ride. (ATGATT) I was recently looking at armor Jeans and was Shocked at some of the price tags.. Then I ran across some Armor Jeans with hip and knee armor on Ebay for around 80US bucks shipped free from Texas and thought what the heck..

These are Race to Road "RACE" 14 ounce Denim Jeans with included armor and lined somewhat with reinforced material.. I must say.. they feel like putting on a pair of Wranglers with the included benefit that the waist has a bit of stretch(Spandex?) to it. reinforced liners and the armor (Hip and Knee) included I am thinking this is a decent deal over regular jeans.. quite happy with the purchase. and they come in sizes for regular to fairly big men.. up to 44 waist and inseams of 30, 32 and 34.

Can be found on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2AQizST
And

on Ebay Black: https://www.ebay.com/itm/142306409494
or Ebay Blue: https://tinyurl.com/y9vubyz7

(note: if you have a smaller waist it seems you can find these as cheap as 59USD..)

Any others try these Jeans and your thoughts?

What are others buying in "jeans" with armor?

Attachments

Reactions: TaiMc and Mr Mike

·
Registered
656 Posts
As a returning rider at a sensitive age or with more sense these days, I plan on wearing protective clothing of some type or the other on every ride. (ATGATT) I was recently looking at armor Jeans and was Shocked at some of the price tags.. Then I ran across some Armor Jeans with hip and knee armor on Ebay for around 80US bucks shipped free from Texas and thought what the heck..

These are Race to Road "RACE" 14 ounce Denim Jeans with included armor and lined somewhat with reinforced material.. I must say.. they feel like putting on a pair of Wranglers with the included benefit that the waist has a bit of stretch(Spandex?) to it. reinforced liners and the armor (Hip and Knee) included I am thinking this is a decent deal over regular jeans.. quite happy with the purchase. and they come in sizes for regular to fairly big men.. up to 44 waist and inseams of 30, 32 and 34.

Can be found on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2AQizST
And

on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/142306409494
(note: if you have a smaller waist it seems you can find these as cheap as 59USD..)

Any others try these Jeans and your thoughts?

What are others buying in "jeans" with armor?
Interesting find Fuby, thanks for bringing this our attention, It looks like I could work and ride in them.... Hmm wonder if they can be used as daily work wear...?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Interesting find Fuby, thanks for bringing this our attention, It looks like I could work and ride in them.... Hmm wonder if they can be used as daily work wear...?

I don't work no more..but I find no issues wearing them into walmart etc..or sitting in a restaurant or kitchen table.. The included belt with the name planted on it is not my cup of tea..but other than that.. honestly..bought my regular jean size.. just feel like work wrangler, maybe a bit "softer" in feel... Knee pads seem to work for me sitting on the bike as well..was happy to find pants with a 30 inch inseam! the only strange part..they put the knee pads in from the bottom..removable/sealed with velcro.. would have thought from the top would be the sensible way to go.. but I doubt they will be falling out at all.. so probably a mute point.

Reactions: TaiMc

·
Registered
656 Posts
I don't work no more..but I find no issues wearing them into walmart etc..or sitting in a restaurant or kitchen table.. The included belt with the name planted on it is not my cup of tea..but other than that.. honestly..bought my regular jean size.. just feel like work wrangler, maybe a bit "softer" in feel... Knee pads seem to work for me sitting on the bike as well..was happy to find pants with a 30 inch inseam! the only strange part..they put the knee pads in from the bottom..removable/sealed with velcro.. would have thought from the top would be the sensible way to go.. but I doubt they will be falling out at all.. so probably a mute point.

These are regular cut jeans..so the "kids" under "45" will probably rather have their Skinny jeans.. of course for the crowd that likes to wear their boxers hanging half out..buying a larger size will make these workable.. jus'sayin.. :)
I wear a 32 X 30 in wranglers - so am I safe to just ordering the same size in the riding jeans...? I'd like to give'm a try - thanks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I wear a 32 X 30 in wranglers - so am I safe to just ordering the same size in the riding jeans...? I'd like to give'm a try - thanks.

to "me" .. yes.. just buy the size you normally buy.. least it worked for me.. I wear my pants on my hip..not at my bellybutton.. jus'sayin for reference.. look forward to your opinion on them. Remember they are denim with spandex properties kinda.. they "may" sag on you with HARD work.. I have a pair in black (kinda like a faded black) and will probably be picking up a pair in Blue shortly.. https://tinyurl.com/y9vubyz7

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm pretty picky about jeans, I've spent what probably amounts to days searching for the best jeans out there that can be worn all day, at work, around town, without looking too much like gear.

I went with the Resurgence jeans, they are selvedge denim and have inserts that fit my D3O knee and hip protectors. Very happy with them.
For a long time I wanted Ruste jeans, but I'd just have them fit some Levi's; the quality of that denim is far below the selvedge denim I'm getting used too.
Finn seems like a good option, and they have the lowest price point of the three. I'll probably snag a pair eventually of their slim fit jeans.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm pretty picky about jeans, I've spent what probably amounts to days searching for the best jeans out there that can be worn all day, at work, around town, without looking too much like gear.

I went with the Resurgence jeans, they are selvedge denim and have inserts that fit my D3O knee and hip protectors. Very happy with them.
For a long time I wanted Ruste jeans, but I'd just have them fit some Levi's; the quality of that denim is far below the selvedge denim I'm getting used too.
Finn seems like a good option, and they have the lowest price point of the three. I'll probably snag a pair eventually of their slim fit jeans.

I have the resurgence vintage (the only one that is fully lined from top to bottom, I believe). These jeans feel much higher quality than any other that I have seen. They are even priced less than most selvedge fashion denim jeans. These are probably the closest jeans to leather in terms of protection.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the resurgence vintage (the only one that is fully lined from top to bottom, I believe).
I have the Cafe Racer straight leg jeans, I love the denim, I like that when you cuff them it's clear that it's selvedge. Both the Cafe Racer and Heritage jeans are 75% coverage. so for me with my regular riding shoes leaves about 4" of leg that isn't Pekev protected.
Their Voyager jeans in the vintage brown are 100% lined and look great. I want a pair or two of those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts