Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Per the title, I've been installing these modifications. The parts look very solid, but unfortunately the instructions leave a lot "unsaid". Anybody installed these successfully and could answer any of the below questions?
  • O2 sensor wire - I've seen it mentioned that the quickshifter plugs into the stock O2 sensor plug on the wiring harness. Does anyone know exactly how this works? i.e. do you unplug the O2 sensor from the exhaust and run it over towards the shifter or do you connect it on the ECU side of the O2 wire?
  • O2 sensor auto-tuner - also, does the aRacer O2 sensor fit the stock sensor hole on the exhaust without modification? If I do swap them out, does it interfere with the quickshifter using the O2 sensor wire above (I assume not since the new sensor can only use the hole and not the stock harness, but just checking)
  • Placement - anybody got good ideas on placement of the various modules, such as the bLink and the auto-tuner? Just interested in seeing what others have done
Really appreciate any help!

·
Director of Moderation
2,641 Posts
Hi everyone,

Per the title, I've been installing these modifications. The parts look very solid, but unfortunately the instructions leave a lot "unsaid". Anybody installed these successfully and could answer any of the below questions?
  • O2 sensor wire - I've seen it mentioned that the quickshifter plugs into the stock O2 sensor plug on the wiring harness. Does anyone know exactly how this works? i.e. do you unplug the O2 sensor from the exhaust and run it over towards the shifter or do you connect it on the ECU side of the O2 wire?
  • O2 sensor auto-tuner - also, does the aRacer O2 sensor fit the stock sensor hole on the exhaust without modification? If I do swap them out, does it interfere with the quickshifter using the O2 sensor wire above (I assume not since the new sensor can only use the hole and not the stock harness, but just checking)
  • Placement - anybody got good ideas on placement of the various modules, such as the bLink and the auto-tuner? Just interested in seeing what others have done
Really appreciate any help!
I have all those things on my bike, including also the aRacer data logger module and a little display dash. Yes, the wideband O2 sensor plugs into the aRacer ECU harness. It's the same threads as the stock O2 sensor. Just be warned that they have been known to break a LOT. Mine died within a few weeks and I had to get a replacement. Most people, including aRacer, recommend this as a replacement: Amazon.com: Oxygen O2 Sensor 17014 Wideband AFR Upstream Oxygen Sensor Compatible with Audi TT VW Beetle: Automotive

You might as well get one ordered now and have it with you for when yours will fail...and it will, just a matter of when not IF lol And yes, the quickshifter plugs into the main wiring harness where the stock O2 sensor was plugged in.

As far as placement, just shove all that stuff as best you can under the seat. Because I have the data logger module, that adds a couple of more little boxes plus a ton more wire, which I really don't understand where it has to be that long but whatever. I ended up removing the plastic tray that sits under the seat/tank so I can make some more room for all that wiring. Mine is actually taken apart right now so I can take a picture, but it's pretty much a mess lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have all those things on my bike, including also the aRacer data logger module and a little display dash. Yes, the wideband O2 sensor plugs into the aRacer ECU harness. It's the same threads as the stock O2 sensor. Just be warned that they have been known to break a LOT. Mine died within a few weeks and I had to get a replacement. Most people, including aRacer, recommend this as a replacement: Amazon.com: Oxygen O2 Sensor 17014 Wideband AFR Upstream Oxygen Sensor Compatible with Audi TT VW Beetle: Automotive

You might as well get one ordered now and have it with you for when yours will fail...and it will, just a matter of when not IF lol And yes, the quickshifter plugs into the main wiring harness where the stock O2 sensor was plugged in.

As far as placement, just shove all that stuff as best you can under the seat. Because I have the data logger module, that adds a couple of more little boxes plus a ton more wire, which I really don't understand where it has to be that long but whatever. I ended up removing the plastic tray that sits under the seat/tank so I can make some more room for all that wiring. Mine is actually taken apart right now so I can take a picture, but it's pretty much a mess lol
What did you do about the stock shift knuckle? Did you buy an aftermarket that you can thread a m6 bolt in place of the stock pressed in ball, or cut the ball out of the stock knuckle?

·
Director of Moderation
2,641 Posts
What did you do about the stock shift knuckle? Did you buy an aftermarket that you can thread a m6 bolt in place of the stock pressed in ball, or cut the ball out of the stock knuckle?
I haven't had the stock piece in a long time. I have woodcraft rear sets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts