Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
In the December NZ KiwiRider magazine there is an article on the naked stablemate, the Tuono 660. They are saying that Aprilia plans on releasing the Tuono with a 47.5hp (35kW) learner version longside the full 95hp tune.

"This would put Aprilia into the LAMS class here in NZ with a cutting edge modern bike to revitalise the now rather stale offerings of the upper capacity bikes of the learner class. The Tuono 660 Concept isn’t likely to make its debut until 2021, as the base RS660 isn’t destined for our shores until late next year with the NZ market set to be one of the first in the world to sample the new platform."

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
In the December NZ KiwiRider magazine there is an article on the naked stablemate, the Tuono 660. They are saying that Aprilia plans on releasing the Tuono with a 47.5hp (35kW) learner version longside the full 95hp tune.

"This would put Aprilia into the LAMS class here in NZ with a cutting edge modern bike to revitalise the now rather stale offerings of the upper capacity bikes of the learner class. The Tuono 660 Concept isn’t likely to make its debut until 2021, as the base RS660 isn’t destined for our shores until late next year with the NZ market set to be one of the first in the world to sample the new platform."
Is that magazine still using my trade mark?? Better get the lawyers onto them pronto :D

That Tuono looks pretty sharp actual. I like the matching wheels. 2021 seems a looooong way away at this stage. Still, lots of time to save up and/or work on the missus if you really want one.

Aprilia-Tuono-660-Concept-First-Look-sport-motorcycle-1.jpg

·
Registered
167 Posts
Is that magazine still using my trade mark?? Better get the lawyers onto them pronto :D
Haha yup was my favourite mag back in the day. You ripped their name before I could :grin:

That Tuono looks pretty sharp actual. I like the matching wheels. 2021 seems a looooong way away at this stage. Still, lots of time to save up and/or work on the missus if you really want one.
Agree about the look. I'm just too used to sport bikes and this is the only naked bike I've seen that I like the look of. I think I'll be 'working on the missus' for the RS tho :devil:

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Dang sometimes I hate how this forum talks so openly about other bikes; I don't know how the **** I'm not going to convince the wife I absolutely need this :surprise:
Well you've still got 11 months to work on her. :grin:
I have to admit, I do have a saving plan in place. The only other member of my household I have to talk round is Alfie the cat and he responds well to anything when you've got a can of cat food and an opener in your hands.

·
Registered
167 Posts
In the March NZ KiwiRider magazine they state that a LAMS version of the RS660 will be available in NZ. "This is off the back of news in the UK that a European A2 licence machine is in development. In the UK, an A2 licence holder – essentially a “Restricted” licence holder in our part of the world – is restricted to a machine with no more than 47hp AND a power to weight ratio of no more than 0.26bhp/kg. "

They are still confirming that NZ will be one of the first markets in the world to receive the new Aprilia -which should be in the forth quarter of this year, but still no indication of price.

·
Super Moderator
1,312 Posts
Great l
In the March NZ KiwiRider magazine they state that a LAMS version of the RS660 will be available in NZ. "This is off the back of news in the UK that a European A2 licence machine is in development. In the UK, an A2 licence holder – essentially a “Restricted” licence holder in our part of the world – is restricted to a machine with no more than 47hp AND a power to weight ratio of no more than 0.26bhp/kg. "

They are still confirming that NZ will be one of the first markets in the world to receive the new Aprilia -which should be in the forth quarter of this year, but still no indication of price.

View attachment 11931
Great looking bike!! A little surprised about the placement of the "wedge" behind the seat:unsure:?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I made this chart for the Aprilia forum. Some magazine published 4 data points (some pre-production bike?) Power at 10500 would be 98.6 hp and 49.3 ft-lb, and a wild ass guess of 54 peak torque (from looking at other sporty twin dyno chart shapes).

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I’m getting one! First shipment is due in December this year...... its looking like it will be 20k tho 😬
Kiwi...... I know you want one 🤣
Yep, I do! 20K for that bike makes the ZX-25R look expensive at 16K. See, you can justify any purchase if you think about it long enough. 😄

I'm going to hang off till they arrive and are reviewed etc, final pricing sorted out. Maybe spring next year, still lovin the Ninja for now.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Aprilia has a very bad track record with first-year bikes, including parallel twins. Hopefully with the RS660 havng basically half of a Tuono V4 motor, most of the mechanical issues should already be solved.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Aprilia has a very bad track record with first-year bikes, including parallel twins. Hopefully with the RS660 havng basically half of a Tuono V4 motor, most of the mechanical issues should already be solved.
It also won't revv as high as the V4. Hopefully that right there brings a level of reliability wrt valves. Yeah, wrt Aprilia gonna have to let that new model bake for a year or two.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep, I do! 20K for that bike makes the ZX-25R look expensive at 16K. See, you can justify any purchase if you think about it long enough. 😄

I'm going to hang off till they arrive and are reviewed etc, final pricing sorted out. Maybe spring next year, still lovin the Ninja for now.
Hey just out of interest, how quick could do you reckon you could safely do Picton to Queenstown on your ninja at this time of year with good weather?

61 - 80 of 116 Posts