Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reading that heavier bar ends can help... Has anyone tried? It's crazy how much this thing vibrates in the higher RPMs.

·
Director of Moderation
2,311 Posts
Weird...mine pretty much lives around 9000-12000 rpm mostly and I've never really felt any vibration. Using Woodcraft clip-ons which are much lighter than stock. I've ridden other bikes that I felt a lot of vibrations in the handle bars, but the 400 is certainly not one of them.

·
Registered
20 Ninja 400 prior - 84 GS550 88 Ninja 600 91 ZX-7R 98 GSXR750 04 XB9R
150 Posts
don't hold on to the bars so tight and you won't feel a thing !
seriously. I’ve recently moved my elbows to a more relaxed position near my body and it’s completely changed my hand fatigue and perceived vibration. So much better

·
Registered
2019 Z400
167 Posts
Ninja thing? My Z400 has very little tingle in the bars. Pegs don't either - maybe a bit through the seat...

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Z400
26 Posts
Another Z400 here. At the start i had the same thoughts, but im at 3000kms on the clock now and mostly live around the 6-9k rpm range and its become very smooth and not much vibration now!

I have a bar mounted phone holder and a bar mounted gopro and neither of them vibrate that much!

But i guess "that much" is subjective so....?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've resigned to the fact that my Z400's handlebar vibrates. It just doesn't bother me all that much. The bar end mirrors weigh the same as the weights that are removed and the grip puppies insulate some of the vibration.
IMG_1439.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts

I got some 2.5" stainless bar ends (powdercoated black) for my 500 a number of years ago. While putting new grips on the 400, I checked and the 500 ends fit, so I put them on. You can just see one in the upper right corner of this pic. At full lock, it will just barely hit my knee.

I was able to get one stock bar end off, but needed to get an impact bit for the second, so I had a few mile test ride with one side stock and one upgraded, and the difference in vibration was quite noticeable. I never really thought about it going from stock to upgraded, but having it split down the middle like that really made it evident how much it helped.

InvisiBill said:
FYI, the stock ends are 4.3oz each, with 0.6oz screws. The Schoolie/Lamp One ends were 17.6oz each, with 1.0oz screws (just a hair under the advertised 19oz).

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hey man you like those mirrors?
🐉
They work just ok. Had to spin them around so they now stick out farther. Takes awhile to fine tune for maximum view. Had to do some drill press work to ream the hole bigger. Pretty used to them now and I dig the style. They are no name Chinese from ebay but cost more than the really cheap ones.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
They work just ok. Had to spin them around so they now stick out farther. Takes awhile to fine tune for maximum view. Had to do some drill press work to ream the hole bigger. Pretty used to them now and I dig the style. They are no name Chinese from ebay but cost more than the really cheap ones.
Cool. Gonna look in to them. Dont need them. Fine with mine, butt always lookin at something different. Less than $100 ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't notice vibration in the grips on my Z400 at speed, but if I touch the stems to the mirrors, it's clear the grips are dampening a lot of vibration. It's no wonder nothing is clear in my mirrors at speed.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
But i guess "that much" is subjective so....?
Yep, it's likely very subjective and a rider will get used to their bike over time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts