Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
2,444 Posts
Maybe they have some written installation instructions they'd be able to email you to see how much cutting is required. Might be something to consider before buying.

The end result looks very sleek, like a Ninja 650.

· Registered
One engine, 2 wheels, reformed squid rider 😂🐙
1,256 Posts
Sharp looking slip on and having it tucked in like that looks sweet.
$400+ is a bit steep though but man does it look good.
Any info on the weight of this and it claims to have a db killer with the setup too?
A sound byte would be nice too. 🙏😉

· Registered
10 Posts
Sharp looking slip on and having it tucked in like that looks sweet.
$400+ is a bit steep though but man does it look good.
Any info on the weight of this and it claims to have a db killer with the setup too?
A sound byte would be nice too. 🙏😉
Yes the dB Killer is included
We'll have videos soon!
You guys can use the code BIKELIFE to get 5% off!

· Registered
1,256 Posts
Well, simple for you. I guess my next question is, what exact tools would you need to install this on the bike?
By looking at the picture a simple socket or wrench and probably some metric Allen wrenches. The pipe can be cut using a hacksaw or a tubing cutter as it would probably cut a bit cleaner than a hacksaw.

I'm looking into this exhaust myself and have submitted some questions to them via chat on their website and email.

My biggest concern was for any ody having aftermarket rearsets to make sure their exhaust will work with them or not.
I'll probably have to wait until Monday for reply on that and when I do I'll post up the answers here if I don't forget. 😂🥴

I really like this exhaust as it's flush with the bike and very unique to what the mainstream has to offer.
Also if you drop your bike on that side it looks like it wouldn't be touched by the fall and won't have to worry about that exhaust can sticking out getting bent and damaged. 🤷

I've got a spare exhaust header I can use for this setup if I bite the expensive bullet 😳😬 and purchase.
I won't know until I get my answers from CS Racing.

· Registered
633 Posts
By looking at the picture a simple socket or wrench and probably some metric Allen wrenches. The pipe can be cut using a hacksaw or a tubing cutter as it would probably cut a bit cleaner than a hacksaw.

I'm looking into this exhaust myself and have submitted some questions to them via chat on their website and email.

My biggest concern was for any ody having aftermarket rearsets to make sure their exhaust will work with them or not.
I'll probably have to wait until Monday for reply on that and when I do I'll post up the answers here if I don't forget. 😂🥴

I really like this exhaust as it's flush with the bike and very unique to what the mainstream has to offer.
Also if you drop your bike on that side it looks like it wouldn't be touched by the fall and won't have to worry about that exhaust can sticking out getting bent and damaged. 🤷

I've got a spare exhaust header I can use for this setup if I bite the expensive bullet 😳😬 and purchase.
I won't know until I get my answers from CS Racing.
Cool. If you do end up getting it (or info about the install), can you please post back here as I am seriously interested in this as well but I am a little unclear how much work this will take to install and the cost of the extra tools I would need to buy.

Reactions: misnblu

· Registered
1,256 Posts
I've again got to talk to CS on the phone and they never got my email. 🤦
So apparently the email they supply on the Contacts Page won't translate to their direct email which is [email protected] for anyone wanting to know.

I resent the email with the pictures needed for them to determine if the rearsets I have are compatible with that exhaust.
To me it looks like it would work with any aftermarket rear set and am close to buying this.

After seeing many videos of this brand exhaust on many bikes other than the N400 it sound amazing.
There is literally no Ninja409 with one of these exhausts as YouTube has zero videos of one but the R3 does have a few which sounds great.

My main issue is the companies return policy.
30 days to return unscathed and according to the dude on the phone, once you open the box it's yours. 😳🤔🙄
The guy was even hesitant to say he'd work with me as I'm a truck driver and may not have a chance to return within 30 days. 🤷

So that's what's keeping me from buying at the moment. It's policies like this that will kill a business and @CS Racing needs to consider their cost of the product and have a scratch and dent merchandise for sale for those not caring that someone has tried a muffler and didn't like it.

So here we are cutting up our exhaust and it sounds like 💩. I know it won't but there are great exhaust cans for us to choose from that we know the customer service will support a return.

Anyway I'm waiting for a reply to the email I sent today and I'll keep everyone informed on this. 🤙

· Registered
633 Posts
So apparently the email they supply on the Contacts Page won't translate to their direct email which is [email protected] for anyone wanting to know.

My main issue is the companies return policy.
30 days to return unscathed and according to the dude on the phone, once you open the box it's yours. 😳🤔🙄
The guy was even hesitant to say he'd work with me as I'm a truck driver and may not have a chance to return within 30 days. 🤷
Yeah, these things don't really inspire confidence in all honesty. I can expect that from some Aliexpress seller (which would be selling an exhaust like this for $50), but not a reputable US based company selling at 10x the price.

Reactions: misnblu

· Registered
10 Posts

My main issue is the company's return policy.

So that's what's keeping me from buying at the moment. It's policies like this that will kill a business and @CS Racing needs to consider their cost of the product and have a scratch and dent merchandise for sale for those not caring that someone has tried a muffler and didn't like it.

Anyway I'm waiting for a reply to the email I sent today and I'll keep everyone informed on this. 🤙

Hi James.

Your first e-mail was never delivered and it could be for several reasons. Your second e-mail was answered a few minutes ago.

The reason why you don't find videos of the Z400 is that we never wanted to sell this model because it's not completely plug-and-play. A retailer asked us to make it available online because he wanted to buy it. So pretty much it's been available online for not too long. Soon you'll see some videos on Instagram and youtube.

Regarding the return, each company has its own policy, and even though we give 30 days, I think you misunderstood when you were told that we don't mind if you return it within 30,40 or 45 days as long as the product is returned in like-new condition to be resold. We used to accept all returns but people abused so we decided to change the policy.

More details about the rearseat fitment was sent to your e-mail.

· Registered
1,256 Posts
Well after further communications with the company and great response to my inquiries I bought one. 😃

I used the discount code and free shipping and it totaled $441 and change.
With the timeline I have for being home I'll have it hopefully by the time I get home around August 24.

I'll do the installation on my catless header I got from @b0Xcrash , cut the pipe to spec which according to @CS Racing is 35mm and proceed to chronicle the installation and sound bytes when it's done.

Since the db killer is an easy on/ off installation I'll include sound bytes for both.
The reason I got this is because all of the YouTube videos of bikes having this exhaust sound soooooo sweet. Nothing but good reviews from their owners.

The other reason is it's low profile to the bike and if the bike was to fall the muffler would be the least concern about replacing because it stick out so far. 🤷

Thanks for the professionalism @CS Racing has given in their replies here and communication with me and we will see how this goes Kate August. 😁🤗🥰

1 - 20 of 26 Posts