Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Puig New Generation windscreen for my Kawasaki Z400. Blocks the wind off of my stomach and lower chest but I am interested in something that could take the wind completely off my chest as most of my riding is on the highway. Tried google searching and couldn't find anything that has come out yet. Has anyone had any luck with universal windscreens for this bike?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had good results using the MRA V-Flow X-Creen Sport Universal Windshield made in Germany. Im not a big fan of wind screens that attach to the handle bars but, this one does the job for me.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't have experience with this product, but a BMW friend has been using a clamp on windshield visor/deflector when he travels longer distances and has really liked it. You'd probably need one that has one central clamp rather than a left and right clamp due to the Puig's design. Puig and Givi both make one if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I can see I quite like that - any chance of some clearer photos from a couple of angles - please :)
For anyone that is interested in raising the handle bars I found out the hard way that the max riser height possible is about 2 inches. Anything more than 2 inches will require a longer clutch cable and brake hose

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the photos - looking good; mini Versys, lol!
How is it, does it really keep the wind off you properly?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the photos - looking good; mini Versys, lol!
How is it, does it really keep the wind off you properly?
Makes such a huge difference... going 75mph will feel like 50 mph with a windscreen. Anyone who spends any significant time on the highway should use a windscreen..

·
Registered
51 Posts
For anyone that is interested in raising the handle bars I found out the hard way that the max riser height possible is about 2 inches. Anything more than 2 inches will require a longer clutch cable and brake hose

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bougth the Kawasaki extended meter cover. The difference is enough for medium trips. Up to 110 km/h thw wind is ok.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My bike was installed with the same windshield as yours.

At higher speeds or windy conditions my upper body will be blown by strong wind. I usually crouch on my oil tank and ride with sport bike position.

The good thing is the design of Z400 ergonomics allows you to change position between street and sport driving.

On the other hand I wonder if taller windscreen will affect high speed or windy condition performance of the bike due to aerodynamics or fuel consumption.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I ended up with a Puig BAT windscreen. Tried to get that Puig new generation from Racecrafters but they didn't have any clear in stock, so I found the Puig BAT on the Puig site, 'n they said they could get it. (Without the $50 shipping fee.)
Was easy to install, 'n seems to be of fine quality. Got it "erect" now, but figure I'll tilt it back some come summer. (It's cold in these here mountains this time of year!)

Hope it doesn't interfere w/ mah RD! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ended up with a Puig BAT windscreen. Tried to get that Puig new generation from Racecrafters but they didn't have any clear in stock, so I found the Puig BAT on the Puig site, 'n they said they could get it. (Without the $50 shipping fee.)
Was easy to install, 'n seems to be of fine quality. Got it "erect" now, but figure I'll tilt it back some come summer. (It's cold in these here mountains this time of year!)
View attachment 12119

Hope it doesn't interfere w/ mah RD! :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 12120
How are you liking this one?? Can you send a link for it

·
Registered
81 Posts
How are you liking this one?? Can you send a link for it
I went to fleabay look'in for the Puig new generation (The one that's made for the Z400) 'n orded it from these guys.
But then someone there emailed back 'n said they were outta the clear. (I like clear windsceens so if I'm freeze'in my ass off, I can duck behind 'n still see through it.) They asked if there was another one I'd like, so I went to the Puig site, and found one they call BAT HERE. This ones universal, but I like it cuz it's infinitely adjustable. It's good Puig quality, but since there's only 2 attachment places, it does move around a bit. I'm still playing with it; angle, for 'n aft.
I like the looks of the New Generation better, and it's more solid, (Being smaller, and have'in 4 mounting points.) but the BAT blocks more cold air, and is more adjustable, so that works out better for me.
Racecrafters doesn't list the Puig BAT, but if you ask 'em, they can get it for you. (Otherwise it's $40 shipping from Europe!) Just tell 'em the banjoboy sent you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts