Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone had seen or found any places that have custom aftermarket fairings for the 400.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does anyone have experience getting their fairings (OEM or otherwise) repainted by a professional shop (car body or otherwise)?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hot Bodies offers race fairings as well.

Does anyone have experience getting their fairings (OEM or otherwise) repainted by a professional shop (car body or otherwise)?
There are plenty of shops that will gladly paint them for you. I'd opt for the DIY option, with a little effort and great care, it can look just as good. Youtube University can show you the way.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There are plenty of shops that will gladly paint them for you. I'd opt for the DIY option, with a little effort and great care, it can look just as good. Youtube University can show you the way.

I am at a point in my life where I have more money than time, so while I'll maintain and upgrade my 400's engine and such for the fun of it, learning how to sand and paint plastic sounds like a terrible way to spend a weekend. (no offense)

So I welcome anyone's experiences with paint shops as my own are limited to getting a car hood repainted after an accident and I won't have time to visit my local shops this week.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
I am at a point in my life where I have more money than time, so while I'll maintain and upgrade my 400's engine and such for the fun of it, learning how to sand and paint plastic sounds like a terrible way to spend a weekend. (no offense)
Lol, I'm in a similar position time wise, perhaps not so much financially. :biggrin:
Recently I was looking at exhaust stays for slip ons and a friend said 'why dont you just make your own'.
My take on it is that I spend up to 50hrs a week doing engineering work so the last thing i want to do in my free time is put the overalls back on and work with metal! Plus the bought one would probably look neater.. :blush:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not saying that this would be cost effective at all but would it be possible to get OEM fairings from these other color models that aren't sold in your area (like the matte black and red one) and put it on your bike?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not saying that this would be cost effective at all but would it be possible to get OEM fairings from these other color models that aren't sold in your area (like the matte black and red one) and put it on your bike?
I actually considered this, but at least when I asked the dealer (which was now 6ish weeks ago) the fairings weren't all available for ordering yet. They estimated the fairings would be $300ish each.

My plan was to swap out the two sides and front headlight one for blue (I have the black ninja), but as that's pushing a grand I thought I could probably get a custom blue paint job for that. On the other hand, getting the OEM ones would mean I actually have a backup set of fairings and zero down time.

I guess it comes down to how impressed I am by the paint shop's examples of prior work. Which of course means I have to make the time to visit the shops.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Here are a few of mine I tried the wrap first, looked okay, wasnt really the color I wanted but it worked for what I needed at the time.

The wrap started to bubble up. I took it back to the wrap shop they said they would fix it for free as it comes with warranty. I had a painter paint my CBR250R back in 2012. He happens to be one of the race directors, we talked about painting my 400. I decided to go that route instead of wrapping it again.

My 250

My 400

Luckily labor is cheaper where I live. I know I paid 1/4 the price from most countries for the paint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts