Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Have my MSF course in 3 days and was just wondering if anyone had any advice ^.^
Look where you want to go, pay attention and listen to their advice. If you aren’t great at something the first day, you’ll most likely find it easier the next day as a lot seems to sink in overnight. It sounds weird but you’ll see what I mean soon enough. Good luck and have fun!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I wish we have a MSF course in Australia, We do our test on the streets with the instructor following us and talking to us through intercom, Merica has everything so much easier :( anyway western australia and UK are some of the hardest place's in the world to obtain a motorcycle license so here what I did to get mine, show a lot of confidence, confidence imo is key, stay in your area of the lane, avoid oil spills nd just look comfortable, I have been riding for a couple years now and if I ride in a group its always easy to spot who is the new guy by how wide he turns and how stiff he is "no homo" just relax and enjoy the ride and you will do fine :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice ^.^ I’m very excited, I’ve wanred to get my license since I was 14 lol

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Clutch, throttle and brake co-ordination is one of the hardest things to master so dont be bothered or flustered if this takes a while to sort out. Your not the first!
Main thing is to enjoy yourself. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
+1 ^^

Go to bed early the night before and enjoy the day. It'll be fun and you will remember it for a long time.

You can learn to ride only once. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
124 Posts
+1 ^^

Go to bed early the night before and enjoy the day. It'll be fun and you will remember it for a long time.

You can learn to ride only once. Enjoy it!
Probably the best advice here. Just have to show up ready to learn and take it one day at a time. Biggest thing I learned when starting out is that learning doesn't stop at MSF ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys for the advice, I’m getting my endorsement at a local Harley dealership and they had a bike set up on a treadmill, obviously not the same as being on the street, but I had no issue upshifting and downshifting (have driven stick for around 7/8 years) and I’m definitely going in with a “want to learn” attitude and am beyond excited to start my riding career :) my course runs from the 23rd-25th so not much longer :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts