Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just joined this great forum, though been a lurker for a little while, Great to see members from all around the world too.

I am yet to get a 400, bought a new 300, blue, non abs in November last year, as a town an local ride, and for my boy to cut his powered 2 wheels teeth on.
Looked at the 400 when it first arrived, and thought I should have waited :crying:
Cost to change over was large.
Wishing we had some colour options here, other than KRT or pearl black, an wondering if there are any sticker kits to add to a black.
So maybe look to change over to the 400 in a couple months time.

Also have a Bmw K1300s, and a Bmw S1000r to enjoy, and have been a lifelong biker

Im in Hamilton, North Island...

Cheers W

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I was lucky as the N400 came out just as I was really to change bikes. Too bad you missed it by a hair.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Welcome to the forums my good man.. Im sure Kiwi rider will be running here in a second, he can actually feel when a New Zealand person joins...

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Welcome Wanderer, yeah crappy timing there huh. I had my ear to the internet luckily so was in the loop from the middle of last year when they did a commercial shoot for the 400 in the US.
I bet the salesman didn't tell you there was a 400 coming either.
There will probably be more colour options available for the '19 model year. They did the same with the N650 here in NZ, but now you can get a blue one, burnt orange white etc.

You've probably worked out from your lurking that we generally ignore 90% of Mr Mikes posts. :wink:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,
Kiwi, I did know about the 400, but Kawi had not released any pricing, and the expectation was for a coupe thousand $ more than the 300, plus my boy wanted to do some riding over the xmas holidays, so a 300 it was.
Myself and the dealer were surprised when the pricing came out at the same as the 300, for non NZ people, we pay $7995 for all black, and $8495 for the KRT, plus on road costs.
Hanging back to see what gets released for 2019, hoping an addition to the two colours presently aval.

Meantime I am learning lots from reading an lurking on here, lol...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks guys,
Kiwi, I did know about the 400, but Kawi had not released any pricing, and the expectation was for a coupe thousand $ more than the 300, plus my boy wanted to do some riding over the xmas holidays, so a 300 it was.
Myself and the dealer were surprised when the pricing came out at the same as the 300, for non NZ people, we pay $7995 for all black, and $8495 for the KRT, plus on road costs.
Hanging back to see what gets released for 2019, hoping an addition to the two colours presently aval.

Meantime I am learning lots from reading an lurking on here, lol...
I reckon kawasaki will just add a few different colour options for the 400 in 2019. Gutted that we only get 2 colours here though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts