Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so I have 2018 standard abs and for some reason I have a very loud annoying buzzing when I’m accelerating till about 7500 rpm and when I’m decelerating weird thing is I don’t hear it any more if I pull the clutch in anyone know what could b the cause feel free to ask for more info

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
The horn can buzz when the engine vibration frequency hits it's G spot, but normally this is around 9K rpm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The horn can buzz when the engine vibration frequency hits it's G spot, but normally this is around 9K rpm.
Yea idk for me anything above 7500 rpm I can’t hear the buzzing but it may just be the volume of my exhaust

·
Registered
439 Posts
It might just be some fastener in the fairings is a bit loose. I had a slight buzz at mid-rpms for a while and it went away after I removed the fairings to add a few accessories and then replaced the fairings. I didn't notice what was loose when I removed the fairings, but I also checked tightness on a few random things while I had the bike undressed, :giggle: so to speak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might just be some fastener in the fairings is a bit loose. I had a slight buzz at mid-rpms for a while and it went away after I removed the fairings to add a few accessories and then replaced the fairings. I didn't notice what was loose when I removed the fairings, but I also checked tightness on a few random things while I had the bike undressed, :giggle: so to speak.
Hmm I’ll check that out I did take the fairings off to put some frame sliders on

·
Registered
76 Posts
Could also be the tip over sensor in the front fairing - that rattles at around 5500rpm for me. At least that's what I think it is.
Nearly all bikes have weird quirks at certain RPM's. You get used to it, it's likely not anything major, though never hurts to check :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts