Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your budget minded like I am and want good performance from your N400 you can do these cartridges for the front. I have always used Ohlins suspension front and rear on all my bikes. It gets really expensive going that route. I ordered a set of these for my track bike. I am sure they will do the same as buying an Ohlins cartridge.

Best part they are almost half the price of Ohlins.

I paid total including shipping of $541.00 DHL to my front door.

Ohlins and K-tech are $750 for the cartridge then another $100.00 for the springs then add shipping to that.

You need to create an account to see the actual price. That was the deal sealer for me :)

https://www.omniaracing.net/andreani-cartuccia-idraulica-regolabile-misano-per-kawasaki-ninja-400-2018-p-82562.html

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just put it here, since I guess it might be important

3 useful tipps for the suspension setup
This is what my suspension technician told me and for a better knowledge, for more than 20 years he did suspension setups, mainly for Kwakis, to prepare bikes for the Isle of Man races (he always did the setup for what the racer had on their bikes without any personal interest to sale or produce any parts).

1. Before you setup the suspension ride the bike for at least 20 km's (12.5 miles) to bring the oil to temperature - do not setup the suspension with cold oil.
2. Do an easy test to check the setup: push the bike in the middle down (get someone to prevent the bike from falling) and see if the front and rear are going down the same distance. After you release the bike, look if the front and rear come back at the same time and that they are not bouncing.
3. "Play" with the air gap (oil-level).

In the case my english (not native language) is not good enough to understand, somebody please might 'translate' this into a better readable note.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just put it here, since I guess it might be important

3 useful tipps for the suspension setup
This is what my suspension technician told me and for a better knowledge, for more than 20 years he did suspension setups, mainly for Kwakis, to prepare bikes for the Isle of Man races (he always did the setup for what the racer had on their bikes without any personal interest to sale or produce any parts).

1. Before you setup the suspension ride the bike for at least 20 km's (12.5 miles) to bring the oil to temperature - do not setup the suspension with cold oil.
2. Do an easy test to check the setup: push the bike in the middle down (get someone to prevent the bike from falling) and see if the front and rear are going down the same distance. After you release the bike, look if the front and rear come back at the same time and that they are not bouncing.
3. "Play" with the air gap (oil-level).

In the case my english (not native language) is not good enough to understand, somebody please might 'translate' this into a better readable note.
Thanks for the tips, your English might be better than mine. Very easy to understand.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Have the setup arrived, are you satisfied? Please report since I'm thinking of getting Andreani for front and back :). Cheers!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Have the setup arrived, are you satisfied? Please report since I'm thinking of getting Andreani for front and back :). Cheers!
They have arrived and been installed. Amazing the difference. I just did my 1st race, the track is old and full of bumps. The suspension made the track fell smooth and in control. Well worth purchasing. You wont regret getting them. Make sure you follow the instructions and leave an 120mm air gap.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
They have arrived and been installed. Amazing the difference. I just did my 1st race, the track is old and full of bumps. The suspension made the track fell smooth and in control. Well worth purchasing. You wont regret getting them. Make sure you follow the instructions and leave an 120mm air gap.
Did you tweak the comp and rebound settings at all over the weekend or did it feel pretty good from the initial set up?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you tweak the comp and rebound settings at all over the weekend or did it feel pretty good from the initial set up?
We just set the bike sag and my weight on the bike and didnt need any other adjustments. I was not allowed to video the race, I guess for insurance reasons. I really wanted to so I could see the difference of before and after with my GoPro. The bike really felt great though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm glad to hear that, and thanks for the reply!

Picking her up tomorrow - a few parts have landed, some parts are on the way and some bits are just a bookmark - for now. Can't wait to start the transformation to a track bike!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm glad to hear that, and thanks for the reply!

Picking her up tomorrow - a few parts have landed, some parts are on the way and some bits are just a bookmark - for now. Can't wait to start the transformation to a track bike!
Make sure you do a write up on it I would like to see what others are doing with their track bike. Have you found any decent race fairings?

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just received the Andreani catridges, any idea if you have to mod the fork tubes, or if they are plug-n-play? First round of new race season this weekend, but only have a couple hours to work on bike before I leave, so don't want to get in over my head. I didn't see any install videos on site or even instructions, on the 250 you had to grind and mod a lot of stuff. . .

·
Registered
147 Posts
Fork and dust seals (OEM) are $20 each from $tealer, anyone sourced aftermarket stuff? seems ridiculous for 4 little pieces of rubber. . .

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just received the Andreani catridges, any idea if you have to mod the fork tubes, or if they are plug-n-play? First round of new race season this weekend, but only have a couple hours to work on bike before I leave, so don't want to get in over my head. I didn't see any install videos on site or even instructions, on the 250 you had to grind and mod a lot of stuff. . .
Just talked to the mechanic they did take the forks to a machine shop, they are NOT plug and play. He said follow the instructions and you wont have any issues. Good luck in your first round. Let us know how it went.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts