Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 N400, USB, Air delete, full exhaust,Hi flow filter/snorkel delete, Clutch springs
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been wanting to experiment with some different clip ons because the stock bar position is a little too upright for my liking. I also wanted to see how a budget minded build would work out. With the clip ons, new grips, and bar end weights, I have less than $100 into this project. The clip ons are generic 41mm 7 degree downturns for $37 off Amazon. I have no complaints at all with the fit and finish. Everything went together quite easily. The collars are about 3/4” taller than the stock collars so I did choose to lower the front a little to bring the top of the forks closer to the top of the collars. Other than that, no other changes to the bike were needed. The end result has the bars sitting about 1.5” lower and 1.5” further forward from the stock position, which feels much better to me personally. For such a minimal investment I’m very happy with the results!

·
Registered
21 N400, USB, Air delete, full exhaust,Hi flow filter/snorkel delete, Clutch springs
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I rode the Ninja to work this morning to see how it feels with the clip ons. It’s pretty much spot on with what I was looking for. Slightly more leaned forward seating position and it also makes tucking down feel less cramped when needed. I don’t feel like I’m sticking up in the wind as much as before. If the handling changed at all with the front lowered a little, it’s imperceptible in regular riding. If anything the turn in may be just a little bit crisper. So far I definitely like it!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure about further back, but they make clip ons with different risers that would let you bring them up higher.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Not sure about further back, but they make clip ons with different risers that would let you bring them up higher.
Right, this is what I think of about higher and back closer........

Sure wish I could go the other direction, 1.5" high, 1.5" closer to me.
Oh, you mean like this?? lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
@2wheels4fun
Definitely not Amazon prices but Impaktech makes some great adjustable clip ons.
I use them and they are awesome

·
Registered
8 Posts
@2wheels4fun
Definitely not Amazon prices but Impaktech makes some great adjustable clip ons.
@2wheels4fun
@2wheels4fun
can you post pictures of your risers? I want to run these but I’m afraid of running into fitment issues with the clutch and brake lines. How high can you go with the factory lines?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts