Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Amazon Anodizing slip-on on wife's bike..

Stock exhaust 9.1 Pounds

Amazon Exhaust 3.4 with baffle

Sounds AMAZING.. Zero complaints about the sound quality

Very well built, no complaints there either

Stock Exhaust:

Amazon Exhaust With Baffle:

Amazon Exhaust Without Baffle:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: TaiMc and Fuby

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks and sounds nice. And just $150. My M4 cost me $440 and it sounds very similar to that one from Amazon

·
Registered
440 Posts
Now that's a good sound at a very reasonable price tag... would like to hear it on the street and maybe a drive by.. thanks for sharing! :clap:
The way its shaped..I wonder how hard it would be to keep the stock heat shield on it? (I like the looks of the stock shield)

·
Registered
440 Posts

I see they added a link to your video for the sound...:) I hope they are giving you a cut in R&D...:)

Yeah, I guess the extra 100.00 is for that midpipe compared to the other 35-50.00 universal kits on ebay..

Still..for a complete setup.. for a 400 Ninja.. sounds good and fits without further attention needed I "assume". And compared to everything you read on here..if you buy a slipon for 50 bucks or 500.00 .... it still only helps with weight savings and sound.. it's like buying a 10 dollar 12volt adapter or a 85 dollar one I guess.. all in what ya want with same results..:)

:3tens:

·
Registered
440 Posts

I have know idea so I will ask.. isn't that the wrong connector/midpipe for the Ninja 400?

Using the Pick your bike calculator you get this result:
This part is not compatible with 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 EX400 ABS KRT Edition.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have know idea so I will ask.. isn't that the wrong connector/midpipe for the Ninja 400?
most probably, I just modified the one that comes with it to fit, you can buy slightly angled mid pipes on ebay for like 4$ either way it beats paying 400$ for a slip on and sounds better than most of the expensive exhausts out there

·
Registered
440 Posts
most probably, I just modified the one that comes with it to fit, you can buy slightly angled mid pipes on ebay for like 4$ either way it beats paying 400$ for a slip on and sounds better than most of the expensive exhausts out there

Oh true... I just misunderstood your statement as finding the same thing on Ebay for 50 bucks.. In actuality then..the Amazon kit is still the cheapest bolt on setup "without modification" a owner can buy right now.

I totally agree on not wishing to spend 400 bucks on just a slip on that does nothing special.. except bragging rights.. and hey..that does count as something! :grin::nerd::grin:

I just wish I could find that $4.00 mid pipe (43-51mm?) with spring loops etc. on ebay you refer to that will use that 50 dollar muffler with a Ninja 400 so it becomes the cheapest setup.. cough.. :devil:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I see they added a link to your video for the sound...:) I hope they are giving you a cut in R&D...:)

:3tens:
HA!

I wish..

I just made the video and shared it here because I assumed a lot of people may be in the same boat.

Wife still loves the exhaust and no issues yet, neither do I expect any

Honestly speaking, I wouldn't buy an exhaust like this for my 2018 Tuono Factory.. but for a sub-$5K bike, its fine.. does the job and doesnt look out of place.. and sounds great

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is the weight difference

·
Registered
14 Posts
I basically have this same setup, just bought the slip on and the midpipe separate. Actually after 400 miles the exhaust mellowed out to where I can barley hear it cruising, just when I get on it. Sounds great north of 7k rpm. So for around $90 I have no complaints.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Oh true... I just misunderstood your statement as finding the same thing on Ebay for 50 bucks.. In actuality then..the Amazon kit is still the cheapest bolt on setup "without modification" a owner can buy right now.
Im sorry to bring another product in because theres already a thread about it but there is a "slip on" for like 65 that requires no mods the baffle is super small very loud https://www.amazon.com/Radiant-Cycles-Shorty-Exhaust-Kawasaki/dp/B07F2ZWD64 its basically just one of those auto zone "exhausts"

1 - 20 of 106 Posts