Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears there is an Akrapovic exhaust option for this bike. See photo below. I asked my dealer about it and he said you need to order it separately. The benefits should be a better sound compared to the Euro 4 compliant standard system plus a lighter weight without the catalytic converter and extra baffling inside. Sometimes you can shed up to 5kg with an aftermarket exhaust. Will be interesting to see how many $$$ they are!

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here is an FB link of a Thai manufacturer of exhaust system for Ninja 400. He can also provide racing valve springs and custom ECU for racing. May be he could do cam for this model as well. He is number 1 tuner for Honda racing team in Thailand, so off brands wil not get full race tuning from him. But oh man! he does beautiful tuning for CBR 300R. He has supply of ceramic cylinder for same, and head with enormous valves. His prices are very reasonable. If you want, I can post youtube clip of his shop here. It's in Thai, but a picture is worth a thousand words. https://www.facebook.com/NJTRacing/?rf=175718229223716

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here is an FB link of a Thai manufacturer of exhaust system for Ninja 400. He can also provide racing valve springs and custom ECU for racing. May be he could do cam for this model as well. He is number 1 tuner for Honda racing team in Thailand, so off brands wil not get full race tuning from him. But oh man! he does beautiful tuning for CBR 300R. He has supply of ceramic cylinder for same, and head with enormous valves. His prices are very reasonable. If you want, I can post youtube clip of his shop here. It's in Thai, but a picture is worth a thousand words. https://www.facebook.com/NJTRacing/?rf=175718229223716
I don’t speak Thai but I want those Clip ons! Lol

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
107 Posts
Always did like their products, but I just can't justify the price of an Akrapovic over other more affordable options.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Always did like their products, but I just can't justify the price of an Akrapovic over other more affordable options.
Well im not sure about other manufacturers but akrapovic mines and has there own refinery for the materials they use on there products, so they have 100% quality control over 100% of there product. Id have to see there full system, not just a slip on. Ak claims they always bring a lighter exaaust and power gains always.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Anybody hear anything about timing of availability? The June date listed on Revzilla isn't very appealing if true.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Had the titanium akrapovic exhaust installed last weekend. Other than it looking ever so slightly better than the stock(debatable), did not notice any difference in performance or sound, though it's only a slip on so it was expected. The non removable baffle makes it sound very much like the stock exhaust, though slightly louder.

Going to wait for some full systems to make it through to market. The Scorpion exhaust on my last bike sounded mean!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Had the titanium akrapovic exhaust installed last weekend. Other than it looking ever so slightly better than the stock(debatable), did not notice any difference in performance or sound, though it's only a slip on so it was expected. The non removable baffle makes it sound very much like the stock exhaust, though slightly louder.

Going to wait for some full systems to make it through to market. The Scorpion exhaust on my last bike sounded mean!
Wait what? Where did you get it? It says its still on preorder? Videos?

·
Registered
199 Posts
That's both surprising and disappointing.

I'm not sure why you say you wouldn't expect a difference in at least sound with a slip on. My 2 Bro's sounds DRAMATICALLY different than stock.

I can't really speak to performance difference as I'm still in the break-in period and not beating it, which also means any baseline for my butt dyno doesn't exist. :grin:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wait what? Where did you get it? It says its still on preorder? Videos?
I ordered the N400 performance edition that comes with the high oem screen, seat cowl, tank pad and the Akra exhaust. The exhaust was out of stock for a very long time.

That's both surprising and disappointing.

I'm not sure why you say you wouldn't expect a difference in at least sound with a slip on. My 2 Bro's sounds DRAMATICALLY different than stock.

I can't really speak to performance difference as I'm still in the break-in period and not beating it, which also means any baseline for my butt dyno doesn't exist. :grin:
The Akra has a non removable baffle that chokes it a little too well! The exhaust port of the Akra muffler + baffle is about the size of the stock oem muffler. Essentially, I paid for a lighter muffler. Spend your money elsewhere!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I ordered the N400 performance edition that comes with the high oem screen, seat cowl, tank pad and the Akra exhaust. The exhaust was out of stock for a very long time.

The Akra has a non removable baffle that chokes it a little too well! The exhaust port of the Akra muffler + baffle is about the size of the stock oem muffler. Essentially, I paid for a lighter muffler. Spend your money elsewhere!
you mind taking a video when you get a chance?

·
Registered
199 Posts
That's a shame. I guess in hindsight that makes sense as the dealership would not be able to sell it with a "race only" non-homologated system or slip-on.. At least technically / legally assuming you want to leave the dealership with it registered / inspected that the VAST majority would..

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As requested
That looks like the model that some of the very first bikes had at the bike shows. I looked into ordering one through my dealer but the price was crazy high.
It does sound a little quiet and similar to the stock can. Did you say the baffle is non-removable?
It looks good though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
@HeatXeeker for the baffle you need to drill carbon end caps of your akrapovic ( big tanks to Euro4 restriction ... :mad: ) This let you find the screw and remove/add the baffle

Here you can see the hole location on the db killer :

On website/eBay found the akrapovic small silicon caps to put in the hole drilled in Carbon end caps ( 13mm) here is mine on my ex KTM:

1 - 20 of 102 Posts