Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This the first time I've seen the seat cowl accessory. Looks pretty much like the Ninja 300 one which isn't a bad thing. I believe the Akrapovic option is a slip on muffler rather than a full system.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My dealer e-mailed me today with the prices for the two accessories I was interested in purchasing, the Akrapovic slip on and the rear seat cowl.

I wasn't very impressed with the prices! The slip on is $1620 NZD ($1100 USD) and the rear seat cowl is $420 NZD ($295 USD) at todays exchange rates. Hard to compare this with US prices though as everything is expensive here because of high freight costs etc. Bottom of the world!

I can get an Akrapovic slip on for a Ninja 300 for less than half that price so I have told him I dont want it. I will pick something up cheaper once the bike has been out a couple of months for sure.
I'm going to take the rear seat cowl but the price did make me suck through my teeth. :D

Anyone got any local prices on accessories?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Akrapovic makes some very nice products, but I just can't justify the prices they charge for even a rear seat cowl. There are other options out there to choose from like Yoshimura. But holy cow, $1620 NZD ($1100 USD) for a slip on is insane to me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My dealer e-mailed me today with the prices for the two accessories I was interested in purchasing, the Akrapovic slip on and the rear seat cowl.

I wasn't very impressed with the prices! The slip on is $1620 NZD ($1100 USD) and the rear seat cowl is $420 NZD ($295 USD) at todays exchange rates. Hard to compare this with US prices though as everything is expensive here because of high freight costs etc. Bottom of the world!

I can get an Akrapovic slip on for a Ninja 300 for less than half that price so I have told him I dont want it. I will pick something up cheaper once the bike has been out a couple of months for sure.
I'm going to take the rear seat cowl but the price did make me suck through my teeth. :D

Anyone got any local prices on accessories?
I still haven't heard anything on the slip on but the seat cowl here in the US is listed for $160.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still haven't heard anything on the slip on but the seat cowl here in the US is listed for $160.
OMG, that's $210 NZD! :mad:

Have you ever seen that cartoon picture of the mouse caught in a trap and another mouse approaches him from the tail end and 'takes advantage' of him? I'd post it here if it wasn't so graphic.

I'm feeling like the first mouse.

Life at the bottom of the world eh... sigh. :(

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's seems excessive for a slip on... Could pay a bit more for another brand and get the full exhaust.
Absolutely! I will wait and see what comes on the market.
Also, regarding the rear seat cowl, Kawasaki Australia (across the ditch from me) now showing accessories on their web site and it is listed at $200 AUD which is $208 NZD. So why Kawasaki NZ are trying to charge me double is puzzling but suffice to say there will be a phone call being made Monday morn!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kiwi, it will almost make sense for you to ask someone from Australia to buy it and ship it for you. :)
Yeah I got a good buddy in Brisbane who can do that for me. I'm also going to Thailand in late July for a 10 day motorcycle tour so I have the chance of purchasing stuff there too, but will probably want something before then. Will see what they come back with here first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts