Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Researching about airbag vests and what are the options. I've seen the Dainese and alpinestar, but Im not convinced with computer and sensors. Also, if they get inflated it's more costy to fix it back.

Liked the helite leather airbag jack, but it's very expensive $1000. Their vests are reasonable, but what's available for my size the ugly green.

Any other brands you guys know or used?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered the Hit Air MLV- RC. Like you said I realized they been the longest in the market, reasonable pricing and that model has nice reflective material.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
So you were asking about airbag vests. Here I was thinking you were starting a thread about political candidates now that silly season has started. o_O:eek::censored:

·
Registered
1 Posts
So you were asking about airbag vests. Here I was thinking you were starting a thread about political candidates now that silly season has started. o_O:eek::censored:
I have a Helte I’m not using any more as I bought the Alpinestars when it came out. It is a size L in the hi vizw (ugly green). Not very used, for $100 I’ll send it and a spare cartridge to you, so a cheap way to try one out. I do t have many posts here, but you can email me at my user name at gmail if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I have a Helte I’m not using any more as I bought the Alpinestars when it came out. It is a size L in the hi vizw (ugly green). Not very used, for $100 I’ll send it and a spare cartridge to you, so a cheap way to try one out. I do t have many posts here, but you can email me at my user name at gmail if you are interested.
Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. Wrong size.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I ordered the Hit Air MLV- RC. Like you said I realized they been the longest in the market, reasonable pricing and that model has nice reflective material.
Did your order go through? Mine did not. I checked the website and saw they posted a"down for maintenance" message due to being hacked.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PS, I attempted to order directly from
air-vest website
It's still on the way. I ordered mine through hitairmoto.com. I didn't see the MLV-RC available on air-vest website and I called them they only had some sizes for the MLV-C. But extra $80 worth it for the reflective material and found it only on hitairmoto.com

·
Registered
66 Posts
I picked up the Helite from Dogrange. Just arrived today, still waiting on the Hit Air. So far, I am impressed with the Turtle. I don't think airflow will be that bad and I like the embedded back protection. It looks like it would be visible from Mars. Will be an interesting comparison to the MV6 I ordered. I hear it is on the heavier side. I will ride with the Helite tomorrow. Thanks for the Helite, Dogrange!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nothing will be more visible than the MLV-RC. It's very light weight and less useless covering. Hilte or Hit Air either you need suit or jacket underneath. I never tried the helite just looking at it; it looks heavier and It's overpriced. Hit-Air been in the market for quite sometime now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can't argue with that. Where I come from one is none and two is one. I am not one to pass up a good deal, especially if it gets me riding with protection sooner or more often. I can let a passenger or rider bro bum my spare after I get the Hit Air delivered.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thinking about getting an airbag as well. I'm looking at the Helite Turtle 2 as I think I would rather rely on a tether than some computer determining whether it should inflate. I see it on Revzilla for about $650 but it's out of stock.

I looked on amazon and they have one that looks like the Helite one except it is a no-name brand and it's only $250. Has anybody heard of "OZQP"? I haven't but their airbag looks very similar to the Helite turtle 2. It's definitely some Chinese knockoff but I wouldn't be surprised if they made most name brand airbags in China as well so that doesn't necessarily mean it's garbage. Any thoughts?

Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...UWJl&pd_rd_wg=T37fH&ref_=pd_gw_unk&th=1&psc=1

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thinking about getting an airbag as well. I'm looking at the Helite Turtle 2 as I think I would rather rely on a tether than some computer determining whether it should inflate. I see it on Revzilla for about $650 but it's out of stock.

I looked on amazon and they have one that looks like the Helite one except it is a no-name brand and it's only $250. Has anybody heard of "OZQP"? I haven't but their airbag looks very similar to the Helite turtle 2. It's definitely some Chinese knockoff but I wouldn't be surprised if they made most name brand airbags in China as well so that doesn't necessarily mean it's garbage. Any thoughts?

Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...UWJl&pd_rd_wg=T37fH&ref_=pd_gw_unk&th=1&psc=1
Hit-Air MLV-RC it's Japanese. They been in the business before any other airbag vest company. Some countries in europe provide them to police motorcyclist. People that do Equestrian sport are familiar with this brand. I crashed wearing one, I didn't damage the vest all it needs is new CO2 tank. 3 packs of CO2 for $75 If you interested PM. My price is $480.

·
Registered
84 Posts
you cant be serious?? This is exactly the problem... China mfg is using US IP and selling their failed QC garbage to suckers like you. Go look at ebay.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hit-Air MLV-RC it's Japanese. They been in the business before any other airbag vest company. Some countries in europe provide them to police motorcyclist. People that do Equestrian sport are familiar with this brand. I crashed wearing one, I didn't damage the vest all it needs is new CO2 tank. 3 packs of CO2 for $75 If you interested PM. My price is $480.
That one looks really good. I probably want to go brand new but thanks for the offer.

you cant be serious?? This is exactly the problem... China mfg is using US IP and selling their failed QC garbage to suckers like you. Go look at ebay.
Is a tethered airbag really IP? As for the quality,... that is why I am posting to see if people have heard of the brand or have experience with that particular airbag.

·
Registered
508 Posts
So I bit the bullet and ordered a Hit-air MLV-C airbag vest. It should come in the next week or so and I look forward to trying it out.

Reactions: Baxter

·
Registered
987 Posts
I want to see that. Exactly how do you "try it out"? We want videos. :giggle:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I guess I was just thinking about fit and comfort. Hopefully I will never have the opportunity to "really try it out"! :)

·
Registered
987 Posts
Now I'm disappointed. I was hoping for one of those videos like a snow skier popping up out of a 3 feet deep avalanche... like an air bubble in a glass of water. Maybe if you get really bored, you can reconsider. ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts