Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

AiM Solo 2 mounting bracket for the Ninja 400

7K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  sbk1198 
#1 ·
I made this bracket today for the AiM Solo 2 mount for a friend, but figured if there's enough interest I can make a bunch of them and sell them. I printed it out of ABS. It's 0.2" thick so it's plenty sturdy. Uses the 2 threaded holes in the top triple clamp that are normally used for the stock clip-ons. Also this wouldn't work if you still have the standard ignition and use a key, although it may with some big spacers. Haven't tried because I don't have a key for mine.

If there's any interest, let me know, either by PM or reply in this thread. I would sell them for $25 in person, or $30 shipped.

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice. And I bet light because it’s plastic. I guess that’s why it’s so big.
Yeah it weighs like 40 grams. It doesn't have to be this big for sure, I was just trying to make something sturdy enough and somewhat visually appealing. A piece of aluminum strip like that works just fine too. I actually don't even have a Solo 2 lap timer lol I just had the mount because it came with my ZX6R when I bought it. Thinking I might get one later this year for the ZX6R though. I have a different lap timer for my 400...just made this bracket for a couple of friends to use on their endurance bike.

#20 ·
Unfortunately all I have is this white ABS. One of these days I'll buy a pack of spools of a few different colors, but it took me a while to figure out my settings to print with this material without any issues. It was a PITA at first and I gave up on it for a while. Now I got it figured out though and just had some of this white spool left.

#24 ·
How are you going to do that with the holes and empty spaces? The first one I had that was all solid would've probably worked better for that. But you gave me an idea now! I need to make myself something that can hold both a GoPro and my little aRacer lap timer dash! :)

I made this GoPro mount for the ZX6R last week so I wouldn't have to use a few links to get it to sit at the right angle. The curves and angles on that fairing are not GoPro-friendly so I made this which lets it sit just right with only the mount itself. I'll be testing it this Sunday at CMP.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.