Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just Plasti dipped my stock Ninja 1000 Wind Screen and it came out good. Two Thick wet coats, and a full can latter...

The Color is more of a dark grey, and the Metallic Spark Black paint on my bide does look darker and deeper than the Plasti Dip Screen. I like it so much though that I may well peel it off and use a Matte Black Spray. There is no going back for me!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Please share how that turns out! I have a can of black plasti dip myself, maybe I'll give it a shot.
Will do I ordered this one here. PERFORMIX 11287 Graphite Pearl Metalizer Plasti Dip Spray - 11 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PYENX1U

Will be here Thursday and I'll try to get it done before I leave for vacation and get some pics.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Update for everyone, kept bugging Hot Bodies and finally got more info on the windscreens and it's not good. The person I spoke with said that it would be another couple of months and that the shields haven't even gone into production yet!!!

Mid August was the earliest generalization I could get. Given that info, I'm going with whatever I can find now. We kind of do the same there here at the company I work at, in that schedules get delayed and **** happens, but after the third time being told, "It's coming out soon.." it's hard to justify waiting just because their a local company..

Get your windscreens elsewhere ladies and gents.. These won't be out for a while.

Revzilla has the Puig windscreens for under $100 and comes with free CONUS shipping. That's the route I'm going.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Update for everyone, kept bugging Hot Bodies and finally got more info on the windscreens and it's not good. The person I spoke with said that it would be another couple of months and that the shields haven't even gone into production yet!!!

Mid August was the earliest I could generalization I could get. Given that info, I'm going with whatever I can find now. We kind of do the same there here at the company I work at, in that schedules get delayed and **** happens, but after the third time being told, "It's coming out soon.." it's hard to justify waiting just because their a local company..

Get your windscreens elsewhere ladies and gents.. These won't be out for a while.

Revzilla has the Puig windscreens for under $100 and comes with free CONUS shipping. That's the route I'm going.
The problem for aftermarket parts manufacturers is that come January every year they are inundated with a heap of new bike models and the new owners of them want bits for them NOW.
So they have to prioritize and obviously in this case the N400 was not prioritized.

In some ways it easier to wait a year before buying a new model as there's more parts available for them and you may get a better deal or a new choice of colour options for the second model year.

Thanks for the update though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Will do I ordered this one here. PERFORMIX 11287 Graphite Pearl Metalizer Plasti Dip Spray - 11 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PYENX1U

Will be here Thursday and I'll try to get it done before I leave for vacation and get some pics.
Looking forward to seeing the results, hopefully you have already posted... the metal flake may go really well with the stock paint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchased the Puig dark smoke off of revzilla, i attached some pictures of what it looks like on my bike. very happy with it:grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
How much bigger is it than the stock one? Looks a good bit longer
It's not much longer than the stock one. I really like mine, it greatly reduced the amount of wind I catch. Now there is noticeable windbreak that goes up to my chin.
Easier to get into a tuck as well. I went with the clear though, to each their own.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Zero Gravity has their windscreens available now.
I just installed a Double Bubble in Dark Smoke and tried to line up some before/after photos.
I am very happy with this windscreen!
Jayd41,

How has this worked for you as related to wind deflection. I have noticed my stock windscreen places disturbed air into my shoulders and face, creating a lot of buffeting. I'm 5 8, average proportions. I have noticed when I stand up about 6 inches it places my helmet in clean air making it quite.

So I have been debating, should I trim my stock windshield in an attempt to lower the air flow and place clean air at my helmet. Or, should I get a higher windscreen to move it above my helmet. I have been looking at the Zero Gravity Sport Touring model thinking that may move the air up over my helmet, or at least clean up the air to reduce the buffeting. The buffeting is my problem, I'm trying to reduce the noise while riding at highway speeds. Around 70mph. Any performance information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Jayd41,

How has this worked for you as related to wind deflection. I have noticed my stock windscreen places disturbed air into my shoulders and face, creating a lot of buffeting. I'm 5 8, average proportions. I have noticed when I stand up about 6 inches it places my helmet in clean air making it quite.

So I have been debating, should I trim my stock windshield in an attempt to lower the air flow and place clean air at my helmet. Or, should I get a higher windscreen to move it above my helmet. I have been looking at the Zero Gravity Sport Touring model thinking that may move the air up over my helmet, or at least clean up the air to reduce the buffeting. The buffeting is my problem, I'm trying to reduce the noise while riding at highway speeds. Around 70mph. Any performance information would be greatly appreciated.
Bryan, I'm 5' 7", and I have the Kawasaki tall windscreen. It is not tall enough to eliminate the buffeting on my forehead. I'm contemplating on getting the ZG sport touring screen, it appears to be the tallest screen out there. If that doesn't work might have to add an x-screen height extender. At least earplugs are helping.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bryan, I'm 5' 7", and I have the Kawasaki tall windscreen. It is not tall enough to eliminate the buffeting on my forehead. I'm contemplating on getting the ZG sport touring screen, it appears to be the tallest screen out there. If that doesn't work might have to add an x-screen height extender. At least earplugs are helping.

Thanks for the info Watcher. I'm interested in the feedback from the ZG sport touring if you go with it. Or if you find a solution to make the air clean/quite around the helmet.

I read a few reviews of the Kawasaki tall (and other similar windscreens) and it seems most people say it only moves the air up a small amount. I'm hoping the shape and height of the sport touring gets it higher.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts