Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Went for a ride up the coast today and came back via the freeway.

Travelling back at 100- 105 kph I found little to no helmet buffeting whereas with the stock screen, I could definitely feel the wind hitting my helmet

As an experiment, I lifted the visor at 100 kph (I wear glasses for distance vision so my eyes were fine) and I found it to be quite tolerable, felt like I was doing 60kph

As usual, your mileage may vary and my analysis is completely amateurish and unscientific :smile_big:
Hey steel sorry but i dont remember seeing you post how tall you are? Long legs or torso? Also, hows the visability out of the windscreen tucked? Day and night? I might go in on a puig, there is a couple puig accessories i want (bar ends footpegs etc)

I really wanted to wait and see what zero gravity was going to come out with but, eh....

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey steel sorry but i don't remember seeing you post how tall you are? Long legs or torso? Also, hows the visibility out of the windscreen tucked? Day and night? I might go in on a puig, there is a couple puig accessories i want (bar ends footpegs etc)

I really wanted to wait and see what zero gravity was going to come out with but, eh....
I'm 5'8" with longer legs than torso. Couldn't tell you the visibility tucked as I haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Daytime visibility seems to be fine and night is...well...dark.

I'll take a daytime photo through the screen for you on my days off

·
Registered
926 Posts
Steel,

Does the dark screen help at all with reading the dash. Does it reduce the sun glare?

There is no brightness adjustment for the digital dash display. Kawasaki should have gone with an LCD display or TFT for best visibility in bright daylight.

Reactions: Kawasushi

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm 5'8" with longer legs than torso. Couldn't tell you the visibility tucked as I haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Daytime visibility seems to be fine and night is...well...dark.

I'll take a daytime photo through the screen for you on my days off
Nice bright sunny day today so the photo gives you an idea of the dark smoke

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
ZG e-mailed me saying their windscreens will be out in a few MONTHS. Wtf.. seems they'll be losing out to other competitors.

Still, I don't know which brand to buy. Wanting maximum wind protection for touring.

Reactions: kwik rider

·
Registered
120 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but since the mirror mounts are the same shape (from what I can tell having looked at both at the dealership and from google images) that the 300 use the same mirror mounts, and theoretically use the same wind screen.

Ninja 300 wind screens are all over eBay starting at $20 vs Puig and Kawasaki $100+ (since Zero Gravity and Hot Bodies are lagging it...)
Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Okay so it turns out I work less than a block away from Hot Bodies HQ!

I dropped by on a break and talked with Justice in the front office, he said that their windscreens are well into production and they should be available for purchase through their website on July 1 for ~$99(USD)!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Okay so it turns out I work less than a block away from Hot Bodies HQ!

I dropped by on a break and talked with Justice in the front office, he said that their windscreens are well into production and they should be available for purchase through their website on July 1 for ~$99(USD)!
Cant wait! So far the only thing I have seen is ordering from Germany at 120-130 plus 30 shipping.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Cant wait! So far the only thing I have seen is ordering from Germany at 120-130 plus 30 shipping.
I posted an update over on the Puig Accessories thread about the two places I found their windscreens for sale. You've already seen the eBay seller from Germany, there's another. SD Moto out of France that is basically $120-130 to your door.
Saves a little on shipping, but if you can wait, I'd imagine Hot Bodies shipping won't be anywhere near what those guys are charging.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I posted an update over on the Puig Accessories thread about the two places I found their windscreens for sale. You've already seen the eBay seller from Germany, there's another. SD Moto out of France that is basically $120-130 to your door.
Saves a little on shipping, but if you can wait, I'd imagine Hot Bodies shipping won't be anywhere near what those guys are charging.
Thank you! I'm gonna wait and check out hot bodies. That's when I will get back from work so that's good timing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Self spray paint tinting

Didnt have the money to spend on a black windscreen so I taped off the top and spray painted the inside with a matte black plastic spray paint we had at the house; needless to say I think it turned out beautifully;
First self made mod; questions/concerns?

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Didnt have the money to spend on a black windscreen so I taped off the top and spray painted the inside with a matte black plastic spray paint we had at the house; needless to say I think it turned out beautifully;
First self made mod; questions/concerns?
That turned out really nice. I think I'm gonna try some Plasti dip on the inside like you did just in case I don't like how it turns out.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts