Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Kawasushi I would not consider 6' as being Ed Too Tall Jones..lol.. Although at 5'9" here can see a need to tuck in tighter with a taller windscreen and maybe block more wind in the upper chest and higher. Ordered the taller windscreen a couple weeks ago from the dealer I bought my bike from but appears to be on back order.
Lol im not saying im a giant, but on this bike at 6 0 and tucked i still catch a bunch of wind.

I mean im probably just too big for the bike in general.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Lol im not saying im a giant, but on this bike at 6 0 and tucked i still catch a bunch of wind.

I mean im probably just too big for the bike in general.
Kawasushi, I am also at the elevation of 6', I do notice the wind hitting my helmet at about 1/2 way up the face shield when I am at highway speeds. I am waiting on a tinted windscreen, when it becomes available...may need to be patient though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I too had the same problem with wind deflection being 6ft. The OEM extended screen does a much better job than the standard but that's only with the standard seat. I wouldn't say it's worth the price they charge for it (if you're over 6ft!) but I got it included for free alongside a few other extras as part of my deal.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I saw someone post about an OEM extended TINTED screen but can't find one anywhere, is this only available in other countries?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Kawasushi, I am also at the elevation of 6', I do notice the wind hitting my helmet at about 1/2 way up the face shield when I am at highway speeds. I am waiting on a tinted windscreen, when it becomes available...may need to be patient though.
I'm at the same height and get a lot of wind in my upper chest, shoulders, and neck going over 55-60 mph. I have a longer torso so that may account for the additional wind that I'm experiencing. The taller OEM windscreen is pricey so I plan on waiting for better aftermarket options.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Managed to find the Puig dark smoke on Ebay (there's a few sellers that have it now) for AU$192 delivered from France. Whilst not cheap, it's better than the Australian distributors estimation of AU$240 plus shipping when they become available in Australia in June

·
Registered
423 Posts
It looks great!

Is that smoked black or a darker tint? How is the wind reduction at higher speeds?

·
Registered
237 Posts
How is the wind reduction at higher speeds?
Went for a ride up the coast today and came back via the freeway.

Travelling back at 100- 105 kph I found little to no helmet buffeting whereas with the stock screen, I could definitely feel the wind hitting my helmet

As an experiment, I lifted the visor at 100 kph (I wear glasses for distance vision so my eyes were fine) and I found it to be quite tolerable, felt like I was doing 60kph

As usual, your mileage may vary and my analysis is completely amateurish and unscientific :smile_big:

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Went for a ride up the coast today and came back via the freeway.

Travelling back at 100- 105 kph I found little to no helmet buffeting whereas with the stock screen, I could definitely feel the wind hitting my helmet

As an experiment, I lifted the visor at 100 kph (I wear glasses for distance vision so my eyes were fine) and I found it to be quite tolerable, felt like I was doing 60kph

As usual, your mileage may vary and my analysis is completely amateurish and unscientific :smile_big:
Sounds like you've had a win there, looks good to boot.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts