Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the sport bike game - but what do you guys think about the seat on this thing? I did a 70 mile jaunt up to see some family, and came back (140 miles round trip) and holy crap that seat feels like sitting on a rock. I didn't notice it as much just riding around town and to work and whatnot, but the longer highway stint was rough.

Is this something I'll just get used to, or do vendors eventually come out with aftermarket seats that are more touring-esque?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm not a fan of the stock seat and find it pretty hard also. I plan to give it some time and see if it will soften up before I seriously look for a replacement seat.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been really happy with the custom seats from both Corbin and Sargent I've bought for other bikes. My decision between which of those two brands usually comes down to aesthetics, price, and any unique functionality (e.g., height/angle adjustability) specific to the bike.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
After 2500km of riding, it appears to be softening up for me or my butt is starting to harden up lol
They say with regard to Hiking boots that it's not so much breaking the boots in but breaking your feet in till they are used to the boot.
Could be the same for butts!

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Aside from the firmness of the seat I feel like its pitched forward, I've been finding my "gentleman parts" getting smooshed into the tank at times. I'm sure Im not the only one having this issue?
Same, dont like it. Maybe we have oversize 'parts' ha ha.
I find myself pushing my butt back on the seat a lot.
I've just dropped my front end 5mm to accommodate some new bars so that wont help things either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone gotten the OEM extended reach seat and can comment on how it is? I've had mine on back order (I need to call the dealer and see what the deal is...)

The normal seat is alright (it was worse at 0 mi and I'm only at 400) but I would not complain about another inch of height and foam.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Same, dont like it. Maybe we have oversize 'parts' ha ha.
I find myself pushing my butt back on the seat a lot.
I've just dropped my front end 5mm to accommodate some new bars so that wont help things either.
Hahaha

Mine hurt too after awhile and the last time i rode i noticed it the most. As soon as i got off i was actually in enough physical pain downstairs that i had to give it a “stretch step” or two.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I haven't been a huge fan of the seat so far and would like to replace it at some point. Corbin has a section of their website where you can make product requests. If enough people express interest i'm sure they'll hop right on a design. Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Service Center | 800-538-7035

Aside from the firmness of the seat I feel like its pitched forward, I've been finding my "gentleman parts" getting smooshed into the tank at times. I'm sure Im not the only one having this issue?

Haha requested a softer premium seat that does not bust nuts, lol.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Same feeling here and only after 150km. The seat sucks, its way to firm and the fact that the front is angled lower doesn't help either.

I took the seat off and then placed it back on but I put the front seat clips above the hook just to see ( The seat will not go on like this but its the same height front to rear ) I sat on it and it felt much better, at least in the driveway.

I'll definitely be looking for alternatives, I had a Corbin on my CBR that was great, I could ride all day.

·
Registered
52 Posts
After riding for about 1 hr, my but is in pain ? the seat is really stiff and its unbearable and I am looking for replacement. Any good aftermarket seat available yet?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Same feeling here and only after 150km. The seat sucks, its way to firm and the fact that the front is angled lower doesn't help either.

I took the seat off and then placed it back on but I put the front seat clips above the hook just to see ( The seat will not go on like this but its the same height front to rear ) I sat on it and it felt much better, at least in the driveway.

I'll definitely be looking for alternatives, I had a Corbin on my CBR that was great, I could ride all day.
The seat does soften up after about 4000 kilometres :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone gotten the OEM extended reach seat and can comment on how it is? I've had mine on back order (I need to call the dealer and see what the deal is...)

The normal seat is alright (it was worse at 0 mi and I'm only at 400) but I would not complain about another inch of height and foam.

I had the same issue with the helmet lock. ended up cancelling the order at the store and ordering on ebay for about the same price. If you are in a rush, consider ordering it on ebay, there's one left.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2018-GENUINE-KAWASAKI-NINJA-400-ERGO-FIT-EXTENDED-REACH-SEAT-99994-1041/223025372662?epid=15018260353&hash=item33ed591df6%3Ag%3Ak2cAAOSw%7ETBa2LcB&_sacat=0&_nkw=ninja+400+genuine&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xninja+400+genuine.TRS0

Wow, too many materials to choose from. Makes an easy task of choosing a color/texture a bit confusing..

·
Registered
440 Posts
I placed my order.
congrats! :3tens:

I went with black carbon fiber leather top, asphalt sides, ninja red welts.

man, I wish I had the courage to pull the trigger on this.. the welt part is holding me up.. if I get the GREEN welt.. and don't like the feel.. it might be harder to re-sell then all black.. but its a corbin!! more time to think this out is in order..hopefully after a few reviews..:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts