Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone come across any exhausts yet, the stock one on the ninja is pushing me to get a iron 883 ?

(Seriously though, not a good sound)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Akrapovic says they will have a full system available for pre-order towards the beginning of April, with deliveries at the end of April. They will likely announce on their site at the end of March.

Yoshimura says they will have something out "soon." Guessing the time frames are somewhat similar.

I agree, the stock exhaust sounds like garbage. I'm sure others find it OK, but it sounds like a whiny sewing machine to me. I want to hear some grunt when I rev the engine.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The stock exhaust sounds that bad? I was hoping there wouldn't be too many necessary aftermarket performance mods to do right out of the gate..but it sounds like that might not be the case aha. Hard to find any videos or anything online with the exception of this one. Never heard of Xavier before, as I'm sure its local to whether the video is from.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah I have to say that from what I've seen online about the sound of the stock exhaust, is that its complete crap. I'll definitely be shopping around for aftermarket alternatives too. Thanks for posting a video of something aftermarket, not sure if that'll be an option in North America, but there are certainly well known brands with products in the pipeline.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Can't you order it with an akrapovic slip on?
No you can't order it WITH one but there is one available to order through Kawsaki. It's not a full system though, just slip on. I was quoted crazy money for one by my dealer though. It's made by Akrapovic.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Akrapovic says they will have a full system available for pre-order towards the beginning of April, with deliveries at the end of April. They will likely announce on their site at the end of March.

Yoshimura says they will have something out "soon." Guessing the time frames are somewhat similar.

I agree, the stock exhaust sounds like garbage. I'm sure others find it OK, but it sounds like a whiny sewing machine to me. I want to hear some grunt when I rev the engine.
I guess that’s not to far off. I’m now debating between the Ninja 400 and an Indian Scout :O

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Thought I'd get this thread started now and people can add to it as they discover new slip ons and full systems coming onto the market.

At present I only know of the official Kawasaki listed accessory which is a slip on made from Titanium by Akrapovic. This link is from the Kawasaki EU site and it says it is compliant with Euro 4 regulations so it must be pretty quiet and maybe still has a cat in it? So really whats the point apart from it looking better and maybe a little lighter. No price given and it says 'available soon'.

https://www.kawasaki.eu/en/accessories/motorcycles/Ninja_400/2018?UidCat=0031WQ&UidSubCat=0378WlhZXFhaWllYWFlYWVhcW1pZ&CodeBaseInternal=0178LTBcWFgv&Uid_Model=08B3XVsOWF0LX1lYW1wLXAtZDApaC1tcXg4NCVtdDlBdWgo&Uid=0898UVwOCl1QWF4KXgpYXFhaCwlRDVFaWVxcUQ0MXV5RCwk

Interestingly if you go to the Akrapovic site the Ninja 400 is not listed...

Anyone know of any other pipes available?

·
Registered
764 Posts
dont see why not, ill measure the pipe head tomorrow, even if the pipe is slightly larger or smaller it would either be a 51mm or 48mm u just buy the 5$ adaptor pipe no big deal haha have people here never used slip on exhausts before? a slip on does not have to be made for a specific bike as its not running its own cat so it will make no difference in power just looks and weight and will release a little back pressure so no problem

·
Registered
237 Posts
dont see why not, ill measure the pipe head tomorrow, even if the pipe is slightly larger or smaller it would either be a 51mm or 48mm u just buy the 5$ adaptor pipe no big deal haha have people here never used slip on exhausts before? a slip on does not have to be made for a specific bike as its not running its own cat so it will make no difference in power just looks and weight and will release a little back pressure so no problem
This is my first bike so it's all a learning curve for me. Please do let me know how your measurements go on the pipe and if the exhaust connector point on the passenger pegs is the same as the 300.

Thanks also for letting everyone know that Ninja 300 mirrors are compatible, makes it easier for people to replace them if they want to.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
There is tons of exhausts man just look at the ones on instagram or just buy ninja 300 exhausts its the same thing
I'm not on instagram but feel free to post any links up.
I was wondering about whether Ninja 300 exhausts would bolt straight on or not. I fitted the old slip on off my CBR250 onto my CBR300 and it was an arse of a job and never looked quite right. Different header lengths and final bend angle etc etc. So was reluctant to recommend that route to anyone until we know for sure that the two are fully compatible.
Not everyone is good with their hands. :D

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm not on instagram but feel free to post any links up.
I was wondering about whether Ninja 300 exhausts would bolt straight on or not. I fitted the old slip on off my CBR250 onto my CBR300 and it was an arse of a job and never looked quite right. Different header lengths and final bend angle etc etc. So was reluctant to recommend that route to anyone until we know for sure that the two are fully compatible.
Not everyone is good with their hands. :D
fair enough lol

·
Registered
764 Posts
Did you have any luck fitting your 300 slip on at all to the 400 Emu?
sorry man havent had time to do it yet, and today i gotta take both the 300 and 400 to kawasaki to put the 400 tire on the 300 and put my new battax 160 tire on the 400 so wont have time to try exhaust swap until probably tomorrow or friday

·
Registered
237 Posts
sorry man havent had time to do it yet, and today i gotta take both the 300 and 400 to kawasaki to put the 400 tire on the 300 and put my new battax 160 tire on the 400 so wont have time to try exhaust swap until probably tomorrow or friday
That's cool, don't rush on our behalf.

·
Registered
14 Posts
we'll just be here to wait for that.. thanks man!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I posted some where about a Thai exhaust system for Ninja 400. Well here is the dyno results with just the exhaust change. I believe the manufacturer will soon have custom ECU for it, which shoulkd make horse power competitive with CBR 500R. May be even a cam will be introduce by this same manufacturer.
https://www.facebook.com/NJTRacing/photos/a.855199207855784.1073741828.798868666822172/1856188791090149/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/NJTRacing/photos/a.855199207855784.1073741828.798868666822172/1840776892631339/?type=3

1 - 20 of 276 Posts