Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I just ordered my 2021 ninja 400. It should arrive next week, I can’t wait to take her for a spin.

Now here is my question, I’m 5’8” and my girlfriend is 5”1’. She is a beginner and I want her to be a bit more comfortable on a 150ccm bike that we bought her to practice before she takes on the ninja as well.

we chose the ninja 400 with the low seat in mind, but it’s still a tiny bit too high for her to feel comfortable when stopping. Is there any way to make the seat height adjustable, so we can set it to let’s say -2 inch when she is riding and to normal height when I’m riding?

i never adjusted anything on my bikes, so I’m curious if there is a solution for that?

thanks,
Mat

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Don't know of anyway to lower the seat, most people lower the whole bike; discussion HERE

·
Registered
451 Posts
Aftermarket seats only raise the height so you are out of luck with that. You would have to lower the bike if you want the total seat height less than stock.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I agree with @Banjoboy and @invenio, except to add that after lowering the bike, you could get a Norton seat or the Kawi tall seat and switch the seats out when changing riders. Obviously not something you'd typically carry with you when riding two-up. Butt ;) really, who's gonna want to actually ride on this bike's passenger seat anyway?

She could also look into thicker soled boots (be careful of the foot lever positioning). And after getting used to riding, perhaps she could also get used to putting one leg down at stops. The 400s are light enough. It's a skill, but it can be learned. doodle on a motorcycle - Bing video

Reactions: Banjoboy
1 - 4 of 4 Posts