Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add a flash strobe unit to the tail light so it will do a quick flash when I put on the brake. Does anyone know the wattage or if its a 2 or 3 wire set up so I can get the right unit for installing the flash?

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is something I'm interested in doing. I haven't the slightest clue on how to even add a strobe to the brake light. Along with the info requested here, I'd also like to request a link to a decent guide on how to do this.

·
Registered
744 Posts
This is something I'm interested in doing. I haven't the slightest clue on how to even add a strobe to the brake light. Along with the info requested here, I'd also like to request a link to a decent guide on how to do this.
Yeah, I added a strobe system to my brake light when I owned a Honda Grom. It worked great.

I'll probably buy one for the N400 later on.

This is what I had, there are some strobe patterns you can choose from.

BackOFF? XP Brake Light Module - Signal Dynamics

Reactions: VegaNinja

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got my BackOff XP in the mail yesterday. However, when it came time to actually installing the thing, I realized that I'm not entirely sure where I should put it. I was going to put it right off the tail light, so that both front and rear brakes will trigger the strobe, but then I could not figure out which wire needed to be cut and replaced by the red/white wire.

Are one of you folks able to show me some pics of what you did/how you did it? While this is a "simple" mod, I simply have no experience in doing things like this.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I got my BackOff XP in the mail yesterday. However, when it came time to actually installing the thing, I realized that I'm not entirely sure where I should put it. I was going to put it right off the tail light, so that both front and rear brakes will trigger the strobe, but then I could not figure out which wire needed to be cut and replaced by the red/white wire.

Are one of you folks able to show me some pics of what you did/how you did it? While this is a "simple" mod, I simply have no experience in doing things like this.
I'll post a DIY when my service manual and module arrive. Or maybe someone with a wiring diagram can chime in.

·
Registered
656 Posts

Lol Buy me the mod, Ill install it on my bike taking detailed video showing where and how to properly install it... :grin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts