Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
lots of great suggestions....but missing a fantastic one... Million Dollar Bogan!

Daniel Hayes is self made Australian real estate guy...rides a Harley to the craziest places in the world. Funny, crazy, the guy is awesome. Rode a Honda Monkey 125 across Australia and back to raise money for Men's mental health..all around good dude with videos better than anything you'll find on tv or netflix!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Two 2nds and 2 new suggestions:

FortNine for the sheer professional production value. Watch his Harley video from last month. It's fantastic.

MotoJitsu for riding instruction. The guy has such a calm, soothing demeanor about him, and boy can he really work that bike of his.

Rabid Hedgehog and NothingToProve for cycle reviews. Very simple. No gimmicks or nonsense. Just straight thoughts about the bikes they're riding.

Also, I know it's fashionable to hate Yammie Noob, but I like the videos featuring the other guy that works with him (Spite?). The videos with him in it really tone down the annoying "dank" Yammie Noobness.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Also, I know it's fashionable to hate Yammie Noob, but I like the videos featuring the other guy that works with him (Spite?). The videos with him in it really tone down the annoying "dank" Yammie Noobness.
I see Yammie Noob more as frat-boy comedy than useful info. He seems to think that starting feuds with other YouTubers is a way to get views, maybe he's right? He was riding really stupid a few years back and had a spectacular crash--my understanding is that he was in the wrong lane so it was all his own fault--and since then he's taken up some track day riding so hopefully he's no longer a danger to himself and others on the streets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Completely agree. The point I was trying to make is that the videos with the other guy really tone down that nonsense and you do get good info out of him. Yammie Noob, himself, I can do without.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Completely agree. The point I was trying to make is that the videos with the other guy really tone down that nonsense and you do get good info out of him. Yammie Noob, himself, I can do without.
Agreed, Spite seems to be more calm and reasonable, less full of himself. I've been wondering whether he is an employee or if he's bought into the channel as a business venture.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Cant believe I missed this! Thanks for the share. I'd been floundering in the wilderness until I saw these SDSS clips.
Like he says "I've been doing suspension tuning, theory and practical, for 8 years now". Cant argue with experience like that. Wow, just... wow! 👍 👍 👍
Lol, yeah he has a Ninja 400 Chat! video one and I was watching it and walked off for 5-10 minutes and came back and he was still rambling on about tire circumferences and etc....

I think what he is failing to understand is, he feels tire circumference differences, in 1-5mm and swingarm angles within 1-2mm difference is like riding a motorcycle with no brakes, or running a motorcycle on wood square tires......its not the one smoking gun that causes the bike to crash or stay up, its part of a much bigger group of things that make up improvements.

Look at some of these racers from the early to mid 70's on skinny tires, drum brakes, crap spongy suspensions with almost no adjustments, and nobody even knew swingarm angles, big fat heavy steel tube chassis, rolling around on crap bias-ply ties, with a turd of a motor by today's standards ripping some pretty good lap times and lines around the course that would put alot us to shame. Sure that same rider on todays tech with all the right angles, degrees, numbers, suspensions, etc. could probably shave some major seconds if not minutes off their lap times, but I think the equation is more like 25% no fear, 40% skill/rider and 35% the bike......and not 80% the bike and 20% between the rest of it

To me, his approach is a brand new mechanic, never even changed oil before, or rotated tires, replaced brakes, or used a torque wrench, trying to build a blueprinted and balanced top fuel 5,000+ hp race motor before anything else. Maybe for someone you might get away with it the first time, without grenading the motor after the first pass

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Lol, yeah he has a Ninja 400 Chat! video one and I was watching it and walked off for 5-10 minutes and came back and he was still rambling on about tire circumferences and etc....
I think the take out is that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing... esp if your OCD/on drugs/Woteva :LOL:

The ATV video once they start into the "can yours to this?" 🤣😂
😄 Too funny! A good laugh over the morning cereal.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Maybe his “wander back & forth babbling and constantly sidetracking & angrily cursing all who don’t agree” method appeals to some?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts