Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe Im the first Canadian to join..not sure...but I have been riding motorcycles since I got my 1st bike waaaaay back in 1978. So yeah..I am a some what seasoned rider. Had sport bikes most of my life and I still have one ..a (Cough..cough) Honda CBR 300R.:surprise: So why am I here? Well its simple..I love small (ish) light weight sport bikes that have good handling..hence the Honda 300R. Not alot of power but I enjoy it because it handles well and is easy to move around and great on fuel. At my age I no longer wish to ride fast...but I love taking corners. Will I get a new Ninja 400? Not sure...I do love the Nija 300 R though...so time will tell...but I know I will enjoy it here just because of the sport bike interest. Sport bikes in my past... Yamaha RD 350 LC/ RZ 350 ...86 Suzuki GSXR 750...91 GSXR 750... CBR 125 R (after along absence from motorcycling)...a Yamaha FZ6R and at the moment as said a CBR 300 R . Thank you Laurie

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Great to have you on board Laurie! As you know I had the CBR300 previously too - a sweet handling bike, lightest in class and pretty much vice free. Could arguably do with a few more herbs though!

It's going to be interesting to see how the new Ninja 400 handles in comparison. Sounds like Kawasaki have spent some time on developing the new trellis frame and suspension package.

Regarding the styling of the Ninja 300 vs 400: Goddammit why did they change the front fairing! They nailed it the first time IMO. Some things are best left alone.
One mans opinion mind, would be curious to hear what other members think of the new styling.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure about buying Ninja 400 yet, but I want to be a part of this forum and Kawasaki community to see what real enthusiasts think about this motorcycle.

So how do you like your CBR 300R treat you so far?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure about buying Ninja 400 yet, but I want to be a part of this forum and Kawasaki community to see what real enthusiasts think about this motorcycle.

So how do you like your CBR 300R treat you so far?
Thank you.. actually I must say it is one of the most fun motorcycles I have ever ridden. As I said earlier I no longer wish to ride fast (I am 61 this January ) but in reality the WEEBR does everything I want it to. 90% of my riding is on paved secondary roads to a cafe here and there for a snack and a cup if tea. I find the sweet spot for great mileage (90 + MPG Imperial) is riding at 85 to 90 KMH at a steady speed and swooping into corners easily. I did test ride a Yamaha R 3 and yes it did remind me alot of my old RD 350 and big a big smile on my face but I found the power in low RPM's a bit bland but when you rung it's little neck...it pulled very well. But at $1000 (Canadian) less with ABS which the R 3 did not have ..I figured that money saving would put alot of fuel in the Honda 300 R

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts