Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kawasaki has used the new tactic to save the weight of chassis by adding 5 spoke wheels, which Kawasaki says should improve lateral rigidity and make for sharper handling and more stability when cornering. I don't know if the new wheels will significantly change the whole picture of the handling, but it seems like a good improvement to me. What do you guys think about them?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Well any reduction in un-sprung weight has to be a good thing for sweet handling. Apparently they are the same as the ones on the 2017 Ninja 650 but I'm guessing the width of the rear rim will be narrower as the 400 only has a 150 section rear tyre.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well any reduction in un-sprung weight has to be a good thing for sweet handling. Apparently they are the same as the ones on the 2017 Ninja 650 but I'm guessing the width of the rear rim will be narrower as the 400 only has a 150 section rear tyre.
Can anyone confirm that the N400 uses the same rims as the 2017 Ninja 650?

I would like to get another set of rims for trackday. Would love to find a good deal on ebay vs buying new.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Can anyone confirm that the N400 uses the same rims as the 2017 Ninja 650?

I would like to get another set of rims for trackday. Would love to find a good deal on ebay vs buying new.
Heck you pulled that one from the archives! :grin:
I'm struggling to remember where I got that info from but it was before the bike was released and at that time there is often a lot of thoughts getting thrown around on the internet from people just looking at pictures.

So I really cant say either way.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Heck you pulled that one from the archives! :grin:
I'm struggling to remember where I got that info from but it was before the bike was released and at that time there is often a lot of thoughts getting thrown around on the internet from people just looking at pictures.

So I really cant say either way.
Lol. I rather reference than create another post and clutter this awesome site.

I saw other thread about the N300 part compatibilities. Sadly those, rims will not work for our bikes either.

Guess I need to do some more research.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts