Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I spoke with my dealer today, discussing colours, or lack off, being we can get black and Krt.
So Kawasaki NZ have hinted off a new colour for us for 2019, and it seems its the Grey/Orange that Australia already has, now some of our shipments are tagged on to the back of Canadian orders, a numbers game no doubt, and I mentioned the red, and blue that Canada Kawasaki show on there web pages, thanks to this forum :)
Said dealer rep said he will talk to Kawasaki, see If we can Indent a blue one, so just had a email telling me YES, thats a option... !!!

Now the Bad bit, 3/4 months lead time, and I need to pay FULL amount up front when ordering...!!!
Seems a bit rough given how popular that bike/colour would be.
What do you think.???

Cheers W

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
My guess was that we were going to get the blue option in the 2nd model year anyways. I based this off what happened with the N650. Ist year green and black and then in the 2nd year they introduced the blue. It's a way of beating up a few new sales. Don't play all of your cards in the first year of release.

If you were going to buy one anyways and have the dosh then I'd place an order.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kiwi Rider,
Seems at the mo there only talking of the orange/grey as a addition, think I need to have a talk with my dealer, given I bought a new 300 last Nov, yet to do 800kms, an I want to sell that an move up to the 400, Id happily put down a third as deposit, but don't really wanna give them 8k with 4 months wait time. Not like one gets any discount or deal now is it...

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
No, not if your pre ordering you won't get a discount. This model is still too new for discounting anyways.

If your correct about us only getting the Aussie orange/grey as an additional colour option nxt year then that is impressive that they are even giving you the chance to order an alternative like the blue. I'd go for it.

If you do manage to get a blue one and it never becomes an option here then it would hold a good value as a 'one of'.

·
Registered
147 Posts
No, not if your pre ordering you won't get a discount. This model is still too new for discounting anyways.

If your correct about us only getting the Aussie orange/grey as an additional colour option nxt year then that is impressive that they are even giving you the chance to order an alternative like the blue. I'd go for it.

If you do manage to get a blue one and it never becomes an option here then it would hold a good value as a 'one of'.
i feel for you guys over here we have access to all except the red color schemed ones :crying:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts