Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on the Yamaha site and the Yamaha Niken is set to come out on the 2nd half of 2018. For a bike with such a revolutionary design how come it's not getting that much publicity?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Went on the Yamaha site and the Yamaha Niken is set to come out on the 2nd half of 2018. For a bike with such a revolutionary design how come it's not getting that much publicity?
When I first say it I thought it was some kind of weird trike. Which it's not. Or not supposed to be.

I have a feeling it's because it's weird more than anything. Until people get seat time and can say "it's just like a normal motorcycle except you get 80% more front grip" people just don't know what to think of it.

Aesthetics aside of course.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think the point is to give riders an option that's not excessively large like the Can-Am Spyder. At some point, my knees may not be able to handle a two-wheel sport bike and the Yamaha Niken may be a good option because everything else out there right now is just so hefty.

But yes, it's pretty ugly right now.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think the point is to give riders an option that's not excessively large like the Can-Am Spyder. At some point, my knees may not be able to handle a two-wheel sport bike and the Yamaha Niken may be a good option because everything else out there right now is just so hefty.

It doesn’t operate like a Can-Am though, you still have to hold it up like a motorcycle.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Right, it won't stand up on it's own. It is just like a motorcycle except it has 2 front wheels. The point of which is that it supposedly adds 80% more front grip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts