Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am again putting together my Google Sheets list of track days for a few track day organizations. In this thread, I will try to post the list as I get it together. Some organizations haven't released 2023 schedules yet.

I try to cover the Eastern U.S. with my list. If anyone wants to send other organizations' list to me, I will add as time permits.

Disclaimer: I do this by hand. Always double check the dates, as I could easily make an error.

Current list has STT, Evolve GT and N2. You'd have to calculate your own distance/Driving time values.

TrackDaysListEasternUSA
Sorted by date ascending. This means consecutive days at one track COULD be separated by an event at another track.

Registered
One engine, 2 wheels, reformed squid rider 馃槀馃悪
Great post and thanks for doing this for those able to utilize all this information. 馃檹馃憤

I'm out for 2023 doing any track days as I'm still healing, my knee specifically, and need more street riding time as I dont need leathers for the street.

I did buy a good set of knee pads though for protection of the knees and hope to get as much saddle time as possible this next year.

I'm also trying to save up some money in 2023 for some goals I have in the future and another reason for no track time.
2024 should have me back on track again if the world's economy doesn't crash as predicted. 馃馃檹

Sacrifices have to be made for what you want in life and that's what I'll be doing so for now it's going to be a commuter bike while I'm home as time will also be spent on the car once more and the slow process of finishing the VTR.

My N2 Track Days may be given away to some lucky individual once I find out how to transfer those track days accordingly. 馃槈馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks misnblu. What locations and dates do you have with N2.

By the way, just added Evolve GT days, but haven't yet double checked my work. I noticed the date format from Evolve is different, so may change that when I get some more time.

If anyone knows how to call an API to get average temp given: City, State, Month, let me know and I will provide average temp for all the sites during the month of the event. Last year, I did that by hand. Hoping to automate.

Registered
One engine, 2 wheels, reformed squid rider 馃槀馃悪
Thanks misnblu. What locations and dates do you have with N2.
I'll have time to check today as I have some time.
Once I know I'll post up that information for anyone wanting to take the credits. $380 is what's available that I can't use. 馃様

Those credits are usable on any track event done by N2 but I've got to get all the details on how to transfer those etc. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
FYI ROADRACING WORLD magazine has all trackday,race,school directory
Thanks! Didn't know that, so will check it out.

Edit - Not seeing STT (Sportbike Track Time) on the Roadracing World Calendar 2023 yet, but I think I am working off STT's Member Pre-release of the schedule. It may show up later. I do wish they provided a downloadable list. Sometimes it is nice to see all the stuff in a list so one can add other data to the list.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
For anyone that would like a spreadsheet representation of RoadracingWorld.com's Event Calendar for 2023...

I have done my best to aggregate the 12 monthly .ics files representing their monthly event calendar into a cumulative.ics file. Then with some vbscript, I created a spreadsheet formatted event list.

There are still some issues with the list. I focused on correcting character encoding presentation issues, but may go back and work on doing a better job of mapping all the address fields. Due to differences in the way various event sponsors formatted their addresses, as well as differences in the way addresses may vary from one country to the next, that has not been especially straightforward.

This may help those of us who would like to be able to sort a list or search instead of scrolling through the calendar.

Google Sheets view of RoadRacingWorld.com's 2023 Event Calendar

For each event, there is a website URL pointing back to the actual calendar event at RoadRacingWorld.com. If you click it, you will go directly to that event's calendar entry on the RRW site.

I welcome suggestions.

P.S. If you like scripting, here is a very ugly vbscript that performs the .ics file to .csv (actually pipe separated) type file.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts