Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8800 OTD for 22’ krt abs 400. Is this a good deal or should I wait till January to get something a little cheaper?
They had a red abs 2021 for 8400.
Also what insurance would you recommend, I got a quote from Geico for 120 a month. Just curious what you guys think, first bike, 25yrs old. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
So. Cal. ain't anywhere near Milwaukee, but my favorite dealership (in the city) has new 2021 non-KRT Ninja 400 abs bikes online at $4899. Three gray and one teal. Another dealership (burbs) has 2021 abs models at $4987, and a third dealer (again, burbs) at $5102. At this price difference, you can afford to fly out here and ride back!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
8800 OTD for 22’ krt abs 400. Is this a good deal or should I wait till January to get something a little cheaper?
Also what insurance would you recommend, I got a quote from Geico for 120 a month. Just curious what you guys think, first bike, 25yrs old. Thank you.
look outside the state or shop other dealerships throughout the state.
Bro I did, only ones in my state for about 150 miles and they only last in the shop for about a couple weeks cause of low inventory and chip shortage crap. Might look into shipping and freight but the dealer said it might end up costing about the same. Which I don’t doubt.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ca tax rate 9.5%
Bike 5,600
Dealer and stupid fees 2,000+
Y’all think I should just wait till January when new inventory comes or try to counter offer something like 7500 and see what I can get.

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 400 ABS, Pearl Storm Gray
381 Posts
This is so strange at our local shop -- can anyone explain the difference between these two bikes? Do you think the dealer is passing on a price increase from Kawasaki?

Wheel Green Tire Font Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 2010 Suzuki GSXR600 x2 2018/19 N400
887 Posts
I've seen some good low miles used ones out there.there are no guarantees that in the near future there will be an abundance of bike in inventory,I've heard of 2nd 1/4 till they get caught up ! if you're desperate,find a low mile used one.shipping will be 500-800 depending how far out you purchase from

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ca tax rate 9.5%
Bike 5,600
Dealer and stupid fees 2,000+
Y’all think I should just wait till January when new inventory comes or try to counter offer something like 7500 and see what I can get.
There is no way in **** that I'd pay anything near that for a Ninja 400.
Everything is high now, but that's insane.

Is there a particular reason you're looking at a new bike? Does it HAVE to be a Ninja 400?
Bikes, like boats and RVs, are items that depreciate rapidly, and you can often find like-new ones very similar to that shiny new one you're lusting after for far less money.

Reactions: Alex_Soto1

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There is no way in **** that I'd pay anything near that for a Ninja 400.
Everything is high now, but that's insane.

Is there a particular reason you're looking at a new bike? Does it HAVE to be a Ninja 400?
Bikes, like boats and RVs, are items that depreciate rapidly, and you can often find like-new ones very similar to that shiny new one you're lusting after for far less money.
Older ones are being sold for the price of new ones, like 5-6.5k. Figured I’d rather have a newer one if I’m paying that. But the problem is I will not pay nearly double the price for the new one either. Yeah I figured I’d get the bike I do really like and learned on, I’m confident/comfortable on the 400. Whats a fair price to pay for a new one? I was thinking 6500-7 since I’m in Southern California. But I’m new to buying motorcycles so I’m not sure about pricing. Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it man.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know it was 2020 but mine was $5115.03 OTD in San Antonio,Tex. I have seen dealers on Cycletrader advertising $600 shipping to any lower 48 states. The old saying that the chase is the most fun may apply to your situation. Good luck and don’t stress about it, you will find one reasonable out there.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I paid 4k for my 2018 400 with 6k miles on it. Insurance is $110 a year but I dont have full coverage (not the minimum either). I'm 29 now, started riding around 2013 but only for a couple months before I got smashed in an intersection. Started riding again 2019. So technically 8 years riding experience to my insurance company - not sure how much that affects the price.

If I were to get another one, I'd go private seller again. I see them from 4-5k. Even if MSRP is 5.5kish, after dealer fees and such, you're looking close to around 7k... I think

PS - So Cal (LA area)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just got the call, MY 2022 N400 ABS is at dealer and will be ready for pickup early next week.

Unfortunately, I dont have time to stop Fri, I'll be 20min from dealer, whose 1.75-2hrs away from my home.

Good news is $5800 all in OTD including temp & permanent plate/registration 😎

Good luck w your hunt

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just got the call, MY 2022 N400 ABS is at dealer and will be ready for pickup early next week.

Unfortunately, I dont have time to stop Fri, I'll be 20min from dealer, whose 1.75-2hrs away from my home.

Good luck w your hunt
Wow that's a fantastic price, good stuff!

Reactions: Alex_Soto1

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Good luck w your hunt
That’s awesome man! What state?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts