Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

2021 Ninja 400 Phase IV upgrades complete! Mod list as of 05/15/2021

8K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  jjjasmin78 
#1 · (Edited)
After waiting for a fuel rail for nearly 2 weeks, I finally got it in Monday (4/12/21) and put her back together that very day. It is unreal how much of a difference these mods have made to the appearance, and especially, the performance! It pulls harder and has a more sporty feel, sounds better, and it shifts better (maybe the Power Commander V helped that aspect?).

I am no longer occasionally missing shifts, it seems to be a lot smoother with acceleration and pulls all the way to redline. I plan on dyno-tuning it soon, and want to see what kind of performance numbers I have now. My butt-dyno tells me I gained a bit of power for sure.

I have had my 2021 Ninja 400 for almost exactly a month now, but my riding has been limited by weather and waiting for a replacement fuel injector rail that I accidentally broke removing the tank (I have already discussed that on here).

My Ninja 400 currently has 412 1089 Miles (as of 05/15/2021) on it.

Here is my Complete Mod List as of 05/15/2021:
  1. Delkevic Titanium 13.5" Silencer full exhaust with stainless steel headers
  2. TST Industries Pair Valve eliminator kit (rubber parasite removed!)
  3. Valvoline Full Synthetic 10W40 motorcycle oil
  4. Dynojet Power Commander V fuel controller (using Yoshimura Map currently)
  5. Zero Gravity Double-Bubble windscreen in light smoke
  6. RAM Mounts cell phone handlebar U-Bolt ball mount with Guami phone mount
  7. USB dual port charger with voltage display (Blue) from Amazon
  8. Ransoto Rear Fender Eliminator Kit
  9. Shogun No Cut Complete Frame Slider Kit
  10. Ninja 400 radiator guard from Amazon
  11. Fancy Valve Stem covers (adds +7 horsepower!)
  12. Magnetic Oil Drain plug
Here are pictures I took of her yesterday, I am very happy with how everything turned out. The exhaust sounds awesome! I will post a video of the sound on YouTube and post it here later on as well.

I feel the 13.5" Delkevic Titanium fits the profile of the Ninja 400 perfectly, my previous Two Brothers Hurricane always looked too small to me. One happy Ninja 400 owner here!

The first picture is how mine looked stock while at the dealership.

See less See more
#3 ·
This forum is so messed up. Pretty much every post you make (at least every big post like this) gets triggered for approval for some reason. This one was the same. Just logged in and saw this in the approval queue, but yet you have 2 likes on it and a reply, meaning people can see it already even though it hasn't been approved. This site needs an update of some sort cuz this is getting annoying

#4 ·
Now my posts usually get added right away, but before every post I made seemed to take a few days to actually show up. Thought it was because I was newer, but I did find it a little annoying.

#6 · (Edited)
Thank you!

I actually switched to the Yoshimura full system map now, it gives me better fuel economy and seems to be a better match for my exhaust.

The Yoshimura map seems to be smoother, just about as fast, and to be more suitable. The Akrapovic map is definitely richer and too rich for the Delkevic (telling me the Akra system makes more power). I run noticeably richer and lose fuel economy on the Akrapovic map, but it is too rich on the Yoshimura map as well (likely by design).

The generic Dynojet maps definitely gave me a power boost over a zero map (effectively disables the Power Commander V), but also causes the richer conditions.

Mods I will do:
  1. Better tires when my OEMs are up for replacement
  2. ECU flash/ECU tuner (whichever I can do), maybe sell the Power Commander after that if able to.
  3. Replace Delkevic full system with Akrapovic full system (my original choice and an option I could not afford at the time due to other mods and obligations).
  4. Dyno tune
  5. Better clutch springs (next oil change)
  6. High flow air filter (already got it, will install soon)
Mods I may do:
  1. Better brake pads
  2. Better brake lines
My may do mods are there simply because I am happy with the current setup. Selling my Two Brothers Hurricane and Delkevic can basically afford me the Akrapovic system, which is nice.

Reactions: Kiwi Rider
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.