Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

Registered
In Moto 3 I hated Miller. He was a total jerk. But I鈥檝e grown to like him since jumping to Motogp and think it would be great to see him win the title. But at the same time I鈥檓 loving watching Zarco beat the factory team on the Pramac bike. Who doesn鈥檛 like an underdog? 馃憤
I think to ride at that level you need a high degree of self belief and confidence. In some cases that confidence can come across as cockiness or arrogance (Crutchlow is a good example) which are not particularly attractive qualities in a person generally. But I'm happy to let them away with it cos they're the best racers in the world and a treat to watch.

I enjoyed Miller's interview with Simon Crafer after the race as it gave us an insight into exactly what went on out there. He hit a false neutral hence lost those two places and his front tyre was over-heating so he was struggling to maintain race pace and was avoiding the slip stream to keep some air on it. That he is a native English speaker and good friends with Simon helps.

Registered
Ordered me a Doctor t-shirt in preparation for his retirement. GOAT or not, I respect the guys legacy
Yes Rossi has had an amazing career but the stand out for me has been Marc Marquez. I'm not a MM fanboy and this is coming from a guy who backs anyone either a) on a Ducati or b) from Australasia 馃槃
From 2013 to 2019 MM dominated MotoGP like no one before. A few stats: Youngest Championship winner ever at 20 yrs old in 2013. In his 2014 season he won the first 10 rounds straight. In 2019 he won the Championship with four rounds to spare. Not forgetting his freak ability to save a front end washout from as low as 70 degrees! If he can get back to anything close to his old form then he will keep tumbling records. He's only 1 championship win off being third equal with Rossi and a few others for most Championship wins ever and he's still young.

Having said that, do I want to go back to the old days of Marquez dominance? No. It was often boring watching and I've much preferred the last couple of seasons where the fight for the podium has been more intense and the winners varied round to round. But I still have a huge admiration for the guys skill level and all that he has achieved.

Registered
20 Ninja 400 prior - 84 GS550 88 Ninja 600 91 ZX-7R 98 GSXR750 04 XB9R
Thanks @Kiwi Rider I鈥檒l look for more MM content.
who鈥檚 next? Is Fabio the man now?

Director of Moderation
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
No. Its Jack Miller and Miguel Oliveira.
Fabio Quartararo was deemed to be the next great since he first got into Moto 3. Even the announcers at the time said watch out for this kid cuz he's gonna be impressive. Then we went on do not do jack **** in Moto 3. Then went to Moto 2 where he proceeded to not be that impressive (I think he managed to get 1 win and maybe like 2-3 podiums only), but someone at Petronas Yamaha obviously saw something in him and it paid off because he did fantastic since he's been in MotoGP. One of the rare cases where a rider performs better in MotoGP than in the lower level classes. Usually it's the other way around.

Last year people were saying that Brad Binder is gonna be in the run for the championship this year and that he'll be one of the greats. Fast forward to several rounds into 2021 and ....crickets lol

Super Moderator
OK...just finished watching the Catalunya GP. It was a crazy week at work but it was so much harder to not get the spoilers between FB, instathing and pretty much everything out there!! It did not disappoint in the fun to watch dept. I am happy with Oliveira, he did a smooth as butter race and totally kept his cool. Pretty sure some heads are going to roll in the inflatable jacket dept and every team will be doing an extra double check before Germany! Nice to see an all Euro bike podium. I have always been a Miller fan since GP3 but I have to say Zarco was pretty epic and super fun to watch. Also, I could care less how many races and championships MM has won, he is a very talented racer but I have a hard time getting behind a guy like him. VR on the other hand, is a guy I always want to see do good no matter how hard it has been this year or two or three...! I would also like to see Oliveira stay on the podium for the rest of the season, between he and Zarco, probably the two I would love to have a beer with (and maybe VR too). Onward to Deutschland!

Director of Moderation
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
OK...just finished watching the Catalunya GP. It was a crazy week at work but it was so much harder to not get the spoilers between FB, instathing and pretty much everything out there!! It did not disappoint in the fun to watch dept. I am happy with Oliveira, he did a smooth as butter race and totally kept his cool. Pretty sure some heads are going to roll in the inflatable jacket dept and every team will be doing an extra double check before Germany! Nice to see an all Euro bike podium. I have always been a Miller fan since GP3 but I have to say Zarco was pretty epic and super fun to watch. Also, I could care less how many races and championships MM has won, he is a very talented racer but I have a hard time getting behind a guy like him. VR on the other hand, is a guy I always want to see do good no matter how hard it has been this year or two or three...! I would also like to see Oliveira stay on the podium for the rest of the season, between he and Zarco, probably the two I would love to have a beer with (and maybe VR too). Onward to Deutschland!
I kinda want Zarco to win this championship. For a few reasons:
1. He's not Spanish or Italian and it's been a while since we've had a non-Spanish or Italian winner...since 2007 to be exact.
2. He's on a satellite team, and nobody has won a MotoGP championship yet on a satellite team.
3. Although I've been a fan since he got into Moto 2, I gained a lot of respect for him that one press conference when he stopped everyone else from answering this stupid question that a journalist asked and he went off on the guy for like 3 minutes in broken english lol

81 - 89 of 89 Posts