Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Except for he's beaten Rossi WAAAAY more times than Rossi beat him lol
Only because MM wasn't even on the grid when VR was in top form. Valentino won his first premier championship in 2001 and his last in 2009. MM was still riding a 125 in 2009 .. .. ..

·
Director of Moderation
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Only because MM wasn't even on the grid when VR was in top form. Valentino won his first premier championship in 2001 and his last in 2009. MM was still riding a 125 in 2009 .. .. ..
Umm...yeah...and your point is? lol Of course he can't beat someone that's not on the grid. The only thing that can logically count are races where both were on the grid.

·
Director of Moderation
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Thanks for the info @jd41 & @sbk1198 I’ll watch some YouTube of those guys
I'd recommend watching the documentaries Faster, Fastest, and Hitting the Apex. There is also the Doctor, the Tornado, and the Kentucky Kid...but that one is more focused on 3 specific riders. Hitting the Apex is the latest one...though I feel like they're due for another one since that one came out in 2013 I think.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Umm...yeah...and your point is? lol Of course he can't beat someone that's not on the grid. The only thing that can logically count are races where both were on the grid.
the point being that MM only beat VR after he was well past his prime. VR is 14 years older than MM and won championship with two different manufacturers.

·
Registered
20 Ninja 400 prior - 84 GS550 88 Ninja 600 91 ZX-7R 98 GSXR750 04 XB9R
150 Posts
I'd recommend watching the documentaries Faster, Fastest, and Hitting the Apex. There is also the Doctor, the Tornado, and the Kentucky Kid...but that one is more focused on 3 specific riders. Hitting the Apex is the latest one...though I feel like they're due for another one since that one came out in 2013 I think.
Watched The Doctor, the tornado and the Kentucky kid and that got me into watching the race this weekend. I’ll watch the rest, thanks!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Giacomo Agostini deserves a mention if we are going to throw the GOAT tag around. After all he's won the most ever. (122)
Another couple of personal favorites would be (showing my age lol) Mike Hailwood and Aussie **** Doohan.
OK lets make that M.I.C.K Doohan FFS. Anyone who can manhandle a NSR500 around a track does not deserve to have their first name censored!

·
Director of Moderation
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Giacomo Agostini deserves a mention if we are going to throw the GOAT tag around. After all he's won the most ever. (122)
Another couple of personal favorites would be (showing my age lol) Mike Hailwood and Aussie **** Doohan.
OK lets make that M.I.C.K Doohan FFS. Anyone who can manhandle a NSR500 around a track does not deserve to have their first name censored!

View attachment 18785
True. I made no mention of those because they were all pre-MotoGP era. That was in the 500 GP 2-stroke era. But as mentioned before, you can't compare people from different timelines, especially when things were so much different back then in Hailwood and Agostini's time. For all we know, if Agostini was in his 20s or 30s right now, he might not even be as good as Tito Rabat lol

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Catalunya

No Italian or Spanish riders on the podium last weekend. I think the commentator said first time in six years?
Zarco's looking good this year, could be the dark horse if Fabio goes off the boil or something. Needs to get that zipper on his leathers looked at! :ROFLMAO:. Marquez not looking so good.. :(

Best of all, 3 out of the top 4 in the standings are Ducati's (y) (y)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Catalunya

No Italian or Spanish riders on the podium last weekend. I think the commentator said first time in six years?
Zarco's looking good this year, could be the dark horse if Fabio goes off the boil or something. Needs to get that zipper on his leathers looked at! :ROFLMAO:. Marquez not looking so good.. :(

Best of all, 3 out of the top 4 in the standings are Ducati's (y) (y)
In Moto 3 I hated Miller. He was a total jerk. But I’ve grown to like him since jumping to Motogp and think it would be great to see him win the title. But at the same time I’m loving watching Zarco beat the factory team on the Pramac bike. Who doesn’t like an underdog? 👍

·
Registered
20 Ninja 400 prior - 84 GS550 88 Ninja 600 91 ZX-7R 98 GSXR750 04 XB9R
150 Posts
Only my second MotoGP race I’ve watched and the Fabio wardrobe malfunction caught me off guard. Really enjoying getting into the sport.

·
Director of Moderation
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
In Moto 3 I hated Miller. He was a total jerk. But I’ve grown to like him since jumping to Motogp and think it would be great to see him win the title. But at the same time I’m loving watching Zarco beat the factory team on the Pramac bike. Who doesn’t like an underdog? 👍
His nickname is literally Jackass lol I've always liked him though just because he's not as politically correct as most others. He, Rossi and Crutchlow were the main ones that wouldn't really hold back and would speak their minds.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts