Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Arm-pump sadly, and it was clearly hurting him. It is serious, and he did well to hold off for so long. He has a medical issue requiring surgery, and some time out to recover
Arm-pump sucks. I've always struggled with that on every bike I've had more or less. I can't imagine riding a 250+ hp bike for 35-40 minutes at race pace. Depending on the track I can't even do that on the 400. The fact that he even finished the race and his pace only dropped by about 3 seconds is impressive. Once it starts kicking in and the hand and wrist go numb it's pretty hard to control the bike and keep the pace up. I've had to quit races before because of that.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yeah, IIRC he had the arm-pump surgery even before last year's season. So what would the results be had he been 100% physically normal?

·
Director of Moderation
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I'm curious what sort of procedures these guys actually go through that they can race like 2 weeks after the surgery, because I know a guy who had arm-pump surgery over the winter and he said it took months to heal up and feel better. I don't think he's even been on a bike yet since the surgery and it's been at least 4 months now.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts