Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Yeah he's made a few bonehead moves in his career and has caused a few people to crash out. But I wouldn't say it's that many. I can think of about 3-4 incidents since he's been in MotoGP where that has happened, 2 of which were in one race (Argentina a few years ago). If we dwell on the few negatives and mistakes that people make, then we should dislike almost every pro racer and say they ride dirty because they've all done similar things quite a few times, but most just weren't in the spotlight so we probably haven't seen them.
A lot of other racers have been riding longer, yet have not ever ran anybody off track or made 'em crash. OK, the great Valentino Rossi did accidentally bump mm once; butt he did deserve it! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pretty fun to watch the practice sessions today. Any predictions for week 2 of the 2021 season?

Just started to get back into Moto GP this year after a 10 year break, BTW. Quick question. How is it that two weeks in a row several moto 3 riders got caught by the flag at the end of FP2? They know how long the out lap takes and two weeks running teams still missed out. Is it intentional?

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
The main race was a crash fest eh. 5 down inc some big names (Rossi) and podium contenders like Rins, Zarco and my adopted homeboy Jack Miller.
Good to see Marquez went the distance but that wheel touch with Mir early on could have easily seen him down and out. Lucky reprieve.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
So good to see Aussie Jack Miller take the top step on the podium at Jerez. Ist time since Assen in 2016. Good day all round for the factory Ducati team with team mate Bagnia coming home in 2nd.
Apparently Quartararo had bad arm pump so I read.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was sitting up waiting for the F1 last night, flicking through channels killing time, and realised that the MotoGP was on, so of course I had to watch! It was freakin awesome to see Jack Miller win! First time in ages that I've watched a MotoGP race btw...I must be the lucky charm! :p

·
Registered
78 Posts
Arm-pump sadly, and it was clearly hurting him. It is serious, and he did well to hold off for so long. He has a medical issue requiring surgery, and some time out to recover

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Morbidelli is whines too much. Last year he said he wanted to keep the 19 spec Yamaha and now he's saying he should have gotten the 21 spec and that it is unfair. Don't like him.

Contracts, Covid; played role in 2019 spec bike for ‘unlucky’ Morbidelli

Morbidelli staying A-Spec: Cost, timing or Franky's choice?
Yeah he had a funny demeanor during his post race interview with Simon Crafer.
Aliex Espargo is going pretty well on the Aprilia this season. Good to see.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts