Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think Beaubier will adapt a couple of rounds in. Visually, his riding style looks like he's still riding a superbike. Moto3 had an insane last minutes in the qualifying session.

Glad to see Rossi not too far back. Couldn't believe he qualified fourth. My dark horse picks this year are Zarco and Bestia.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My wife turned 40 in 2008 and we went to Italy to celebrate. I was able to go to Mugello for the GP. Rossi won. We sat in the seats across from the pits. I am not ashamed to say I cried alittle bit. I NEVER thought I would attend a MOTO GP in person during my life. Let alone a MOTO GP in Italy. My wife is a saint. Well she is Italian, South Philly Italian.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
And without the dirty, cheating mm93, it should be another fabulous year. :love:
MotoGP season is finally here! Excited to see how the 2 americans do in Moto 2, with Joe Roberts who's been in it a couple of years now, and rookie Cameron Beaubier who was arguably the best MotoAmerica had to offer at the moment.
I'm old 'nuff to remember when Americans dominated Moto GP, in the premiere class! Used to ride down to Laguna Seca and watch the manly men on beastly 2 smokes. (y)

·
Registered
143 Posts
What a great Moto3 race. Jaume Masia is gelling well with the KTM after binning the Honda all of last year.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
That new Ducati launch control tool seems to sure work! Fair chop to Vinales though, he out-rode the Ducati boys on their power houses.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
I'm old 'nuff to remember when Americans dominated Moto GP, in the premiere class! Used to ride down to Laguna Seca and watch the manly men on beastly 2 smokes. (y)
A great era for sure, I also enjoyed it via the TV. The Aussies had some good riders too back then, Wayne Gardner and then M.i.c.k Doohan after the Rainey/Schwantz era. Exciting times.

PS. I cant believe M.i.c.k is a banned word. FFS, I need the face palm emoji back.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
A great era for sure, I also enjoyed it via the TV. The Aussies had some good riders too back then, Wayne Gardner and then M.i.c.k Doohan after the Rainey/Schwantz era. Exciting times.

PS. I cant believe M.i.c.k is a banned word. FFS, I need the face palm emoji back.
Micky D (Can I say that?) was great, butt Mr. Gardner was more entertaining, sliding all over the place; he was the "Gary McCoy" before Gary McCoy! :LOL:
And then there was Norick Abe :love:

·
Director of Moderation
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And without the dirty, cheating mm93, it should be another fabulous year. :love:
How is MM93 cheating?? Pretty sure he won all his championships fair and square. If he only misses these first 2 races, I'm still betting on him to win the championship this year. If it's anything like last year, he should make up the points deficit in no time. Last year looked like nobody really wanted to win it lol

·
Registered
949 Posts
How is MM93 cheating?? Pretty sure he won all his championships fair and square. If he only misses these first 2 races, I'm still betting on him to win the championship this year.
His level of talent is so far ahead of the competition that he appears to be cheating. LOL

Maybe when he returns after rehab from his surgery and missing a few races it will level the playing field. I’m with you though. I think once he returns it will be game on and he’ll take the championship...

In the meantime I enjoy watching the rest of the pack battle for wins. Those Ducati’s sure can launch! I enjoyed watching the factory Ducati’s smoke everyone and lead the first few laps only to slowly get picked off one by one. Vinales looks to be a clear contender this year. I’ll be rooting for him...

I used to pay for the Motogp.com subscription every year but I got sick and tired of them raising the fees every year and the spotty streaming. Then my local cable company screwed me over and took BEIN off my channel package. Now I guess the NBCSports channel shows the MotoGp race as a repeat. I wish they showed the Moto2 and 3 races.. I hope Beaubier can learn the tracks and get up to speed to be a contender. Time will tell...

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
... If he only misses these first 2 races, I'm still betting on him to win the championship this year.
.... I think once he returns it will be game on and he’ll take the championship...
I'm gonna disagree guys, I wont be putting money on him to win the championship this year. I wouldnt be surprised if he misses more rounds than just the Qatar ones and when he does come back he is going to be so rusty and possibly still nursing that complicated injury that he will be off the pace for some time. I dont feel even his freak level of talent can save him this year.

I'm not going to make any predictions though, way too early. A bunch of riders looked good out there on Sunday - Quartararo, Zarco, Mir, Bagania and of course Vinales. Miller needs to sort his $hit out...

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
How is MM93 cheating?? Pretty sure he won all his championships fair and square. If he only misses these first 2 races, I'm still betting on him to win the championship this year. If it's anything like last year, he should make up the points deficit in no time. Last year looked like nobody really wanted to win it lol
Been watch'in MotoGP since the early '80s, ain't never seen anybody run more people off the track than mm. Few years back I recall a race where he stalled on the grid, bump started his bike, rode the wrong way on track, went back to his place 'n started the race. Any other rider would been DQ'd right there, butt not little marqy, they let it slide.
Sure he has talent, and has been real lucky butt he's still the dirtiest ride ever to ride in Moto GP.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
I'm gonna disagree guys, I wont be putting money on him to win the championship this year. I wouldnt be surprised if he misses more rounds than just the Qatar ones and when he does come back he is going to be so rusty and possibly still nursing that complicated injury that he will be off the pace for some time. (Un like Manly-man Doohan who hobbled out to his insane 2 stroke, got on, 'n still spanked the field! Little mm couldn't even ride one of those bikes!) I dont feel even his freak level of talent can save him this year.

I'm not going to make any predictions though, way too early. A bunch of riders looked good out there on Sunday - Quartararo, Zarco, Mir, Bagania and of course Vinales. Miller needs to sort his $hit out...
Thar, I dun fixed it fer ya. :LOL:

·
Director of Moderation
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Been watch'in MotoGP since the early '80s, ain't never seen anybody run more people off the track than mm. Few years back I recall a race where he stalled on the grid, bump started his bike, rode the wrong way on track, went back to his place 'n started the race. Any other rider would been DQ'd right there, butt not little marqy, they let it slide.
Sure he has talent, and has been real lucky butt he's still the dirtiest ride ever to ride in Moto GP.
Yeah he's made a few bonehead moves in his career and has caused a few people to crash out. But I wouldn't say it's that many. I can think of about 3-4 incidents since he's been in MotoGP where that has happened, 2 of which were in one race (Argentina a few years ago). If we dwell on the few negatives and mistakes that people make, then we should dislike almost every pro racer and say they ride dirty because they've all done similar things quite a few times, but most just weren't in the spotlight so we probably haven't seen them.

·
Director of Moderation
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm gonna disagree guys, I wont be putting money on him to win the championship this year. I wouldnt be surprised if he misses more rounds than just the Qatar ones and when he does come back he is going to be so rusty and possibly still nursing that complicated injury that he will be off the pace for some time. I dont feel even his freak level of talent can save him this year.

You're probably right, but that's why I said "IF" he only misses these first two rounds. If he has more DNS' throughout the year, he will not win. My biggest fear is that when he crashes again, and you know he will, cuz he's got a lot of crashes to his name usually throughout practice sessions or qualifying, he will injure his arm again and miss more races. If he can keep it on 2 wheels for the season he will do really well I think, but that's a big IF.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts