Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WSBK season is underway now and it started with a bang! First race was awesome! Set the bar high so it's gonna be tough to beat that the rest of the season lol Was a bit disappointed with Gerloff's pace dropping so much in the last several laps, but hoping they'll find a better setup and he can keep the pace up the whole race. Rea is off to a bad start, so this will be an interesting season I think.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It was a good race, that is for sure. I’m looking forward to seeing Gerloff progress through the year. He has a new bike and new tires to learn on new circuits. I’ve heard he is on last years Yamaha, so he is a bit behind as far as the machine goes. Most manufacturers seemed to have made a bit of progress this year. Not sure how much of that is the new rear tire. Going to be a good year for racing, that is for sure.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a good race, that is for sure. I’m looking forward to seeing Gerloff progress through the year. He has a new bike and new tires to learn on new circuits. I’ve heard he is on last years Yamaha, so he is a bit behind as far as the machine goes. Most manufacturers seemed to have made a bit of progress this year. Not sure how much of that is the new rear tire. Going to be a good year for racing, that is for sure.
Yeah he's got a disadvantage that he doesn't really know any of the tracks besides a couple that he tested at over the winter and he has very little experience on Pirellis having always been on Dunlops in MA. I think he just needs to get some top 10 finishes and be pretty consistent to show that he deserves to be there so he gets another shot at it next year. Then I wouldn't be surprised to see him contend the top 5 regularly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So bummed to see he crashed out and had to go get checked out missing Sunday’s races. He posted up he checked out on and it seems like he is ready to get back out there.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Wow! What a weekend of good racing. Nothing like the WSBK of recent years. Brilliant for us 'down under' being able to watch the races over a cold beer on a late summers afternoon (y)
Yes, good to see an American rider among the mix and three different race winners sharing the points. Johnny's going to have his work cut out this year if the Aussie round is any indication of whats to come. Hopefully this Corona virus thing doesn't bugger it up too much.
Also great to hear the riders saying in the after race comments that they had big grins on their faces out there. I did too.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
"Oh my goodness!!! " What an amazing finish!
Yeah more like Moto3 than the WSBK of recent times. Switching from Yamaha to Kawasaki does not seem to have done Alex Lowes any harm. Team green is going to be a force this year I feel.
The new Brit rider Scott Redding seems to have found his feet in the Ducati team pretty quickly. Could be one to watch, he won the British Superbike champs last year.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
2020 season Pt.2

Well it all kicks off again this wkd finally after a long Covid-19 intervention. After such a great opener at Philip island, Australia it will be interesting to see who the movers and groovers are this time round. Can Alex Lowes maintain his pace at the pointy end on the Kawasaki? I'm keen to see Brit Scott Redding go well on the Ducati too.
Michael Van der Mark the Pata Yamaha team rider was fastest in FP3 on Saturday morning.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2020 season Pt.2

Well it all kicks off again this wkd finally after a long Covid-19 intervention. After such a great opener at Philip island, Australia it will be interesting to see who the movers and groovers are this time round. Can Alex Lowes maintain his pace at the pointy end on the Kawasaki? I'm keen to see Brit Scott Redding go well on the Ducati too.
Michael Van der Mark the Pata Yamaha team rider was fastest in FP3 on Saturday morning.

Top 3 were VERY close in Superpole!

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Well it wasn't a weekend of champagne racing but personally as a Ducati fan I was pleased to see Scott Redding win Race 1 and 2. Apparently Johnny Rea was suffering from a lack of rear tyre grip esp in the 2nd race where he uncharacteristically came 6th.
Redding is 24 points clear in the championship. 👍

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it wasn't a weekend of champagne racing but personally as a Ducati fan I was pleased to see Scott Redding win Race 1 and 2. Apparently Johnny Rea was suffering from a lack of rear tyre grip esp in the 2nd race where he uncharacteristically came 6th.
Redding is 24 points clear in the championship. 👍

Yeah it was nice seeing the boys in red coming in 1st and 2nd in race 2.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts