Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I insisted on the service manual as part of the deal when I haggled for the little Z, and it arrived today, 2 weeks after taking delivery of the bike.

I have always invested in the service manual for each of the motorcycles that I have owned, because I prefer to do my own maintenance. It's not that I've had less than satisfying results from paying US$250 for a simple oil change so much as the moderating influence on my behavior when it's obvious that there is nobody but me to blame for the mess at hand.

Also, I have a professional interest in these things because I wrote and illustrated technical manuals for a significant portion of my career. Not that I want to sound like a fanboi, but Kawasaki does at least as good a job with their manuals as they do with their motorcycles. I really appreciate things like torque specifications for EVERY FASTENER and isometric representations of each wiring harness as well as schematics. Kawasaki also seems to use a higher quality of translation to American English than they used to not so long ago, which is slightly disappointing from an entertainment POV.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the Large (8.5” x 11”) and (almost 2” thick), 2019 Kawasaki Z400 Service Manual For Sale. I owned a 2020 Kawi Z400.
But I’m currently offering this Service Manual for Sale. I paid over $100.00 for this Service Manual, but I’m offering it For Sale for $50.00.
if you’re interested in more, information, contact via email at [email protected], and I’ll answer your questions and can send you photos of the manual.
Thanks,
Pismobiker

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why don't you just download the pdf linked above by freerider? I've checked it, the link works fine.
Grantman,
I couldn’t find the Service Manual for the Kawasaki Z400 For Sale for download from Freerider’s recommended Manual supplier.
I didn’t find or see service manuals for 2018, 2019, or 2020 models of the Z400 Kawasaki Motorcycles.
Good Luck

·
Registered
450 Posts
Grantman,
I couldn’t find the Service Manual for the Kawasaki Z400 For Sale for download from Freerider’s recommended Manual supplier.
I didn’t find or see service manuals for 2018, 2019, or 2020 models of the Z400 Kawasaki Motorcycles.
Good Luck
There hasn't been a material change from the inception of the z400 or ninja 400 to current, 2020. The service manual linked by Freerider is for the ninja, but given they are the same motorcycle aside from things such as fairings and headlight, it will suit most people. But yes, the pdf isn't great if you want a properly bound physical manual.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cycle guy Where did you get your manual from
I purchased my Kawasaki Z400 Service Manual from ProCaliber.com in Vancouver, Washington.
ProCaliber does not keep in stock the Service Manuals, but they can get you one very quickly. ProCaliber is a very good place to purchase Kawasaki parts, manuals and accessories.
Good luck,
Pismocycleguy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Pismocycleguy I sent you a message I’m interested in buying the manual
Sugomi,
if you want to purchase the Z400 Service Manual, I still have it available. I don’t know if you have seen the selling price I had posted for the manual. But I had paid over $100.00, but had posted my selling price as $50.00.
So if you want to make a purchase of the manual it will be $50.00 plus the shipping cost from Pismo Beach, CA to your delivery address. If you agree, just send me your delivery address and I’ll calculate the shipping cost.
if you want me to send you photos of the manual, send me an email at, ([email protected]) along with your email address and I’ll do the sending.
contacting each other via our emails makes for easier communicating.
thanks,
John

·
Registered
28 Posts
email sent John
Sugomi,
This is the THIRD time you have stated that you SENT me an email regarding the Z400 Service Manual, but I have NEVER received any of your email replies!
I‘ve SCANNED every where on this forum looking for your email responses, BUT I couldn’t find ANY.
Can you just email me directly at “[email protected]” so that I can easily FIND & READ your replies and actually know what you are thinking and saying.
It will make things easier for BOTH of US!
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey john I sent you my email to your inbox here on this site, or do you think maybe you can list it on eBay and I can purchase it there?
Sugomi,
so is Tony your actual name? And are you still interested in purchasing my Z400 Service Manual?
Yesterday I replied to you via your Yahoo Forum website. I thought that you were finally getting ready fo purchase the Z400 Service Manual, but I guess not.
Anyway if you get ready ro buy the Service Manual, send me an email via your Yahoo Email address. Your email is Tony something.
Enjoy your time out riding,
John
Onkel,
I sent you an email reply to your Zip Code message above, describing the shipping cost of the Hepco & Becker SporTrack shipping to your Indiana Zip Code.
I hope you received my message.
Thanks,
John Cole

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sugomi,
so is Tony your actual name? And are you still interested in purchasing my Z400 Service Manual?
Yesterday I replied to you via your Yahoo Forum website. I thought that you were finally getting ready fo purchase the Z400 Service Manual, but I guess not.
Anyway if you get ready ro buy the Service Manual, send me an email via your Yahoo Email address. Your email is Tony something.
Enjoy your time out riding,
John

1 - 20 of 28 Posts