Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I’m new to the site! Looks like a lot of great information floating around. I’m having an issue finding the OEM clutch disc bot metal plate/ and friction plate service limit. This is a 2019 Ninja 400 ABS model.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
18 Posts
From the service manual;
Friction Plate Thickness - Standard: 2.92 - 3.08 mm (0.115 - 0.121 In.) - Service Limit: 2.6 mm (0.10 in.)

I'm not sure what the service limit of the steel clutch discs is but the stock thickness is 2mm.
Jesse Norton has a write up here that has some measurements of the stack and wear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manodidio thanks for the info! Here’s my problem. Just like in the article you sent the link to, my whole clutch pack is measuring .899 and even with fresh kawi oil it is slipping bad at anything past 7500RPM. Would getting Spears friction plates, heavy duty springs, and the milled clutch pin fix this issue? Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Manodidio thanks for the info! Here’s my problem. Just like in the article you sent the link to, my whole clutch pack is measuring .899 and even with fresh kawi oil it is slipping bad at anything past 7500RPM. Would getting Spears friction plates, heavy duty springs, and the milled clutch pin fix this issue? Thanks
Is there enough slack in your clutch lever?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts