Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here so I'm prepared to have my hand slapped if this post about the 650 is not really appreciated. However, there is no Ninja 650 forum so this is the closest I can find and I'm wondering if the 400 should would have been a better choice.

I've been riding over twenty years and while no expert...have ridden and owned more than a few bikes. Mostly sporty V-Twins like the SV650, Honda Hawk GT, etc. I fell in love with the Z650 then the Ninja 650, test rode both and bought the Ninja. I've had it for three weeks and 200 miles and I'm thinking of selling.

I LOVE the overall package and the looks...but the vibrations at the bar are killing me. High, buzzy vibes that put my fingers to sleep practically and are very disconcerting. I put on new Gel bar grips (ProGrip 699) and they did nothing. I've tried changing gloves, holding the bars less tight, etc...but this ain't no fun. I might try very heavy bar ends but I'm starting to get a little hesitant to spend much more money if this is just going to be the nature of this parallel twin. I keep bikes for a long time and I doubt this is something I'll get used to or something that will change once the bike is broken in. Anyone experiencing this with the 400? If not, maybe I'll move in that direction? Thanks much. They are great looking bikes aren't they? :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Did riderforums.com fall apart? It used to be a good Kawasaki forum, with a section for the Z, 650, zx10, etc

·
Registered
744 Posts
Coming from a single cylinder 125 cc bike, this N400 ain't nothing. After 2 hours of straight riding, I then begin to feel a slight tingling in my hands. And with stock grips, not worried about it, just take a 5-10 minute rest stop.

Reactions: NonNinjaRider

·
Registered
144 Posts
What RPMs is this buzziness at? Maybe take it back to the dealer to have them look it over for loose motor mounts or something? twins are gonna be buzzy more so than a 4... My suggestion would be isolate the RPM's it's buzzy at, and see if that's a common symptom or not. If it is, you could try riding outside that range. So if it happens at 70... ride at 65 or 75. You tried grips, that helped my small buzzy symptoms. Also let it break in and see if it gets better. Sometimes they smooth out the more you ride them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts