1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Steelhand, I have been researching the power port and this seems to be the same if not almost the exact power port that was used on some of the Kawasaki Prairie models, it secures with a nut on the back.
I found one on ebay, used and it may clean up well for $8.10 USD or you could buy a new one that won't be as expensive as the designation for the ex400.
here is the Link with a pic you can compare:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/99-KAWASAKI-PRAIRIE-300-KVF300-4x4-POWER-PLUG-12V-PORT-CHARGER-BRACKET-MOUNT-D/172072740560?hash=item281055a6d0:g:pr4AAOSw-zxWon3a&vxp=mtr

The relay is a common fuel relay used on Kawasaki's, Omron 27002-1062 and an ebay link for a used one @ $14.95:
https://www.ebay.com/i/263414680800?chn=ps

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use a USB socket found on Amazon :

You Need the Kawasaki accessory relay 999941040

The relay take place on the left side near the electric regulator

Found the accessory cable behind the dashboard

Build a connection cable

Connect and fix the socket ( be carreful to polarity )

Ignition off :

Ignition on :

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is super helpful, I'll have to look at doing that. I don't suppose you want to make me a cable do you? lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I take it that you were able to complete this without taking any of the fairing off?

Also, if possible, could you post a wider shot of where the relay connector goes so I know where to look (I'm new to motorcycles)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi rde09,

I'm a new rider also and not too mechanically inclined but I would like to be able to do some simple maintenance and mods. Is this fairly easy to do?

Also just to make sure I understand your instructions, there's an accessory cable behind the dash that plugs directly into a DC Power Adapter? Would the overpriced DC Adapter from Kawasaki still require to build two connector cables or connects directly to accessory cable? I'm also not sure where the relay goes and if it's just a simple plug n play and nothing too challenging to install.

Thanks!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi rde09,

I'm a new rider also and not too mechanically inclined but I would like to be able to do some simple maintenance and mods. Is this fairly easy to do?

Also just to make sure I understand your instructions, there's an accessory cable behind the dash that plugs directly into a DC Power Adapter? Would the overpriced DC Adapter from Kawasaki still require to build two connector cables or connects directly to accessory cable? I'm also not sure where the relay goes and if it's just a simple plug n play and nothing too challenging to install.

Thanks!
From looking at Kawasaki's accessories page, the DC socket comes with the cables attached so you can plug it straight into the cables behind the dashboard

https://kawasaki.com.au/shop/accessories/dc-power-outlet-2/

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EoraneBzh, was the bullet male the positive connector or did you discover polarity by trial and error?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went down to my closest dealer today to grab a relay and they have to order it in so I will be picking it up on Friday.

I grabbed a metre of 14g and 16g wire and I also bought a cheap crimping kit which had female bullets but no male bullets lol (half of the box was covered so I couldn't see that they had no male bullets) so now I have to source a single bullet

Which gauge wire did you use EoraneBzh?

·
Registered
119 Posts
The positive connector have the silicon protection on my european bike

I use 1mm2 wire = 17gauge ( but 16 and 14 gauge are Good )

·
Registered
423 Posts
The positive connector have the silicon protection on my european bike

I use 1mm2 wire = 17gauge ( but 16 and 14 gauge are Good )
Hi EoraneBzh, how long are the connector cables you made?

·
Registered
244 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice to see the bike is pretty much pre-wired for 95% of this. This mod is so cheap, it will be practically free.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts