Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm a relatively new rider and I'm looking to get into track days and maybe the racing scene in New Zealand when my riding skills mature a bit more. Most of my riding is recreational.

Just had some questions about the 1 piece vs 2 piece debate. So as far as I can tell, the 1 piece suit is safer and I would prefer it. But at the same time, I do want to use the racing suit for weekend road warrior shenanigans as well. I hydrate alot so toilet breaks are frequent, and I've heard that 1 piece suits are a pain in the ass to go to the toilet with. I guess the main decision making point of this are the issues I have below, and I would appreciate your input on this matter so I can make a decision on which suit to buy.

1. In New Zealand, are there ever any tracks or racing organizations that require a 1 piece suit? I don't want to have to buy a 1 piece suit later on down the line when I run into regulation problems. This is probably a worry that is waaaaay farther into the future than I need to worry about but I like to buy things once and take care of them when they're not a consumable piece.
2. How difficult is it to go to the toilet in a 1 piece suit?
3. Are the 'budget' products from Joe Rocket, Cortech and Speed and strength, are they any worse? Does anyone have any experience with these brands that can offer insight into these suits as compared to let's say the Dainese D-air?
4. Is it possible to put a backpack on with the speed hump?

Thanks yall

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 2010 Suzuki GSXR600 x2 2018/19 N400
791 Posts
1st and foremost do you see any pros wear 2 piece suite? guys who do endurance races or TT races? as a beginner you don't really need a $2k suit or 1 piece, so a Cortech RST budget suits or check clearance shelves on any online store or ebay for lightly used suits.NOT all speed humps are H2O compatible ! and unless you have a vagina,you shouldn't have a problem using a urinal !

·
Registered
201 Posts
2. How difficult is it to go to the toilet in a 1 piece suit?
4. Is it possible to put a backpack on with the speed hump?
2. Pooping sucks, peeing is easy enough. This is fine for track, I tend to switch clothes between sessions / have it as an option.
4. Yeah, but it doesn't sit perfectly. If I'm using it with a backpack I tend to take the hump out and just have the empty testicle look. Generally avoid wearing luggage on me when riding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha thanks for your response guys.
I'm not planning on becoming Pro or anything, probably too old to start a career in motorcycle racing. I guess the 2 piece will be good enough, I mean, there seem to be very few organisations in NZ that only allow 1 piece suit even when racing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts